Brightline Florida Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaiman#420, Jan 7, 2023.

1. kaiman#420

kaiman#420 New Member

I've been playing Trian sim for a short period of time and now I'm obsessed. I've purchased pretty much most of your routes. I would love to see a Brightline route here in Florida. Brightline is making moves as of recent and there is potential for a train sim route. CSX also operates freight routes on some of the same tracks. Thanks for giving us awesome content . U.S.A, Florida, Miami to Orlando.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

This route isn't even finished irl. How will dtg be able to build it if most of the brightline route doesn't exist. The only part that is built right now is Miami Central to West palm beach and the top speed on that section is only 79mph not the proposed 125mph for the future sections

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaiman#420

kaiman#420 New Member

Testing has already begun at the Orlando Airport station. Top speeds will reach 125mph approx. I know it's a long shot to ask for, just been playing all around the world and would love to see my back yard in there somewhere plus you have to admit, Brightline is raising the bar in the U.S, we are currently lagging compared to other countries.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I'm all for it if dtg are able to get the license. The main thing holding the US back are the licenses since many operators don't want their liveries and trains to be used in game or they don't want people messing with their trains and hurting their reputation. There is still a chance we might get new operators and dtg will keep on trying but until they get the license, the route can't be made

• Like Like x 3
  5. kaiman#420

kaiman#420 New Member

From all the you tube videos I've seen, Brightline is currently on a marketing campaign. Who knows, maybe someone at Brightline is part of the TSW family and can utilize this as a marketing strategy. Fingers crossed, their train stations are nice compared to what we are use to. Lots of potential, thanks for the response.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I’m seeing that quite a few of these Proposed American “Highspeed bullet train” routes are using diesel power. Why’s that ?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

This is a double hurdle, not only would DTG need to secure a Brightline license, but a FEC license as well, as they are the freight operators (And track owners) on the existing section.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kaiman#420

kaiman#420 New Member

I just started getting into Locos but from the looks of it we are behind infrastructure wise in the Locomotive industry.

9. rennekton#1349

Cuz the us does not have good rail infrastructure or rail service. Electrification is a really expensive project and the US can do whatever they want.

10. jack travers

Geez, calm down I never said they couldn’t. I was just wondering

• Like Like x 2
  11. rennekton#1349

Lol, I wasn't trying to sound mean. Sorry about that

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  12. jack travers

It’s fine :)

13. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Brightline is one of the routes I want to see in TSW3, and the route should include Florida East Coast freight services as well. We even have all of the locos necessary for Florida East Coast freight services on the route: the ES44C4, SD40-2, and GP38-2. I would prefer a GP40-2, which was made for TSW CSX Sand Patch and the original NEC route. The FEC uses 24 ES44C4s on heavy intermodal and rock trains, as well as some manifest freights. The FEC GEVOs are run in pairs back-to-back with a Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) fuel car between them. FEC uses SD40-2s, GP40-2s/-3s, and GP38-2s for local and switching operations on the route. Freight trains on this route run at fairly high speeds, since the route is mostly flat.
    Brightline trains consist of two Siemens SCB40 Chargers running back-to-back with 4-7 Siemens Venture passenger cars in between.
    If this route is made, it should include the SCB40 Charger, FEC ES44C4, and GP40-2/-3. The GP38-2 and SD40-2 could be sold in a separate DLC pack. Rolling stock would include intermodal cars, hoppers for rock trains, the LNG fuel cars, a few other freight cars, and of course, the Siemens Venture coaches.

14. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Route needs Florida East Coast and Brightline licences. For FEC SD70ACE LNG ET44C4 ES44C4 Tier 4 Credit GP38-2 SD40-2 they will count towards existing versions in terms of achievements while Siemens Charger Brightline can serve as prototype for VIA Rail version and Amtrak versions ALE-42 & ALC-42s

16. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member