Bring Back Climate Control!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by pschlik, May 25, 2018.

1. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Since Rapid Transit and onward, the climate control buttons and dials in our locomotive cabs have been unfunctional, preset to some random setting that really doesn't make sense, and maybe leaving in some generic air conditioning noise on all the time, just for the heck of it. Since we are at the third DLC that has neglected the existence of climate control, I'm really missing it, can we please have climate control back?

I know this could easily be pushed off as a silly feature that doesn't add much to gameplay but it adds a ton to immersion. Being able to flip every switch, no matter how trivial, is a huge thing for TSW that I thought was going to be core to the experience, something we could expect by standard...but no, now we have cabs where only the things that "matter" can be touched, not unlike TS2018. TSW just loses a lot of that immersive novelty when you can't mess with some control of some sort...

Yeah, it takes more work to do this stuff and not everyone will touch it-but is that any different from collectables? Those don't change the core driving experience and not everyone goes for them, but they keep getting added in. Surely something that's actually in the train's cab can get that kind of attention that the world gets, right?

• Like Like x 22
  2. USRailFan007

USRailFan007 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. We, the consumers can't exactly 'FEEL THE DETAIL' and gain of sense of 'ULTIMATE REALISM' (feel like we're kinda nitpicking lol, but it is what it is) as advertised by DTG on their CSX HH steam page, if they decide to add and then, remove functionality to certain cab-based controls. Same applies to any other intended or given functionality, be it a train, cab, carriage, environmental assets, etc, meant to exist in TSW. No matter how insignificant as this button may be, the request pschlik made strikes up a real good point; its still a part of the overall immersion process, for us the consumers and adds more to the game, as a whole DTG. Not saying its immersion breaking as it plays a minuscule role in its intended function, but still.

---Don't fix what ain't broken.---

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Would also be nice if you turn the heater off in winter your front screen freezes, but thats some "nice to have" features. :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

That would be nice, but I don’t expect that from DTG as that would take a bit much time for something that’s not super duper vital. Maybe Armstrong Powerhouse could come along and do that kind of thing, that’s what I expect from those guys...but if we can’t even touch the demister switch, I’m not sure anything can be done even in mods. DTG has to take the first step of actually making these controls animate.

• Like Like x 5
  5. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Good grief -- what next?