1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Rail Standard Class 8

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by steammaster4449, Jul 23, 2020.

1. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 New Member

I think it'd be nice to have a brand new BR Standard Class 8P 71000 Duke Of Gloucester made by a third party like BMG or SSS in the Pro Range. The IHH one is definitely on the lower end of product quality when compared to what we're getting nowadays. Duke Of Gloucester VSOE.jpg Duke Of Gloucester.jpg BR Standard Class 8P.jpg BR 71000.jpg

2. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am surprised they never released it though as presumably they have it in their library, it is getting old but his models were well turned out. There are many of his items that haven't been re-released and many of them would be very useful, the large LMS tanks and the 107 and 114 (118) DMU's.

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

IIRC JustTrains have thr Duke.

4. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

Great Idea for a british railways steam locomotive

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Just Trains bought the Duke from IHH or they are producing one? I notice Just Trains haven't produced or published an item of UK rolling stock for a long time.

6. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

My memory must be failing but I'm sure JT had the DoG in development or on sale. It's not on their site now. Oh well!