1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

British Rolling Stock Sounds

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions & Proposals' started by Rob39, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Something becoming increasingly noticeable during my time with loco hauled stock on UK routes, is the overbearing sound of the trailing load when in or looking directly at the drivers cab.
    Ive watched footage of driver cab rides with similar stock ie intermodal on 66 vs GWE intermodal. Whilst Im sure the is a sense of weight and maybe a rumble from behind. The engine would surely take priority, and not the clattering bogies. When compared to TSXX the issue isnt apparent, and it cant even be a TSW game issue, as when running German freight on MSB, RRO and RSN the sound balance is similar to TSxx and the real life cab rides.
    Its also noticed from an outside camera seeing an oncoming train, ie a pair of 31s with cement. The engines start to fade in nicely then the view is immediately hit with a wall of PCA sound, that spoils the experience. This wouldn't be such a big deal if only watching a pass externally, but the loudness of the trailing load comes through to the cab when driving. My take on it is that the engine, coach wagon sound balance needs to be tweaked.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Member

I've noticed this with the cement train. I stood on Thornaby station watching trains and the steel trains sounded fine but the sound of the cement wagons suddenly appears when they get within a certain distance. As the train passes, the volume drops until at a certain distance, the sound completely stops. It spoils the effect, I hope it can be fixed with an update.

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Used to do it with the GWE HST and 66. Havent noticed it of late with the HST, but the GWE containers and TVL PCAs do overwhelm the engine.

• Like Like x 1