Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

Willowrpe having issues getting the 612 for 600km. How did you end up doing it? tried on my main, no luck. tried on a blank account (after completing harlem line stuff) and no luck.

2. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

on the TR Dresden Chemnitz, I think it just unlocked it was the DCZ southside trophy in that pack (route level 20) that was awkward for me. Other people have reported it not unlocking. Is this the PS5 version of TSW2?

3. Willowrpe

bit of advice get near 600 km save and upload save to cloud, on PS5 I have disabled auto upload of cloud saves allows me to retry if it does not work had a few trophy's that would not pop first time then did afterwards for some odd reason

4. imstylinonyabro

is is the ps5 version and it's the only one that won't pop, even with a blank account. i'll take your advice though and get up near 600 km and upload a save and force it. hopefully it works.

5. Willowrpe

I have had a few trophies that would not unlock on first attempt but after redownloading a save worked for some strange reason!

6. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Glad they unlocked for ya. :D:D:D:D Sadly it’s just another sign there’s something wrong with the core of this game.

7. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Update 29-5-23

Game: TSW3
    Console: PS5

I have just competed trophy group 09 and all unlocked 100% without fail.

Broken Trophies:

I have met the required criteria for the trophies mentioned below, but they haven’t unlocked.
    Also see the notes at the bottom of what trophy groups are 100% unlocking without issue.

Group 01:

SEH: Trained and Ready (Complete all training modules on Southeast High Speed)
    SEH: All Rounder (Complete all scenarios on Southeastern High Speed)
    CIP: Taco Tuesday (Complete all route tasks on Cajon Pass)
    All other trophies in Group 01 unlocked fine except those 3 above.

Group 05:
    NTP: Trans-Pennine Traveller (Complete all scenarios on Northern Trans-Pennine)
    MSB: Clean Sweep (Complete 100 services on Main-Spessart Bann)
    All other trophies in Group 05 unlocked fine except those 2 above.

Group 08:

OSD: All in a Days Work (Complete all scenarios on Oakville Subdivision)
    All other trophies in Group 08 unlocked fine except that one above.

I’m doing these in trophies in group numerical order.

Groups 02, 03, 04, 06, 07, 09 all unlocked 100% with no problems.

Now working on Group 10.

I will update here after each group. But right now the trophies mentioned above are busted. I don’t want to have to create a new profile.
    I hope the guys at DTG are taking this in.

Thanks

8. Willowrpe

it seems to be random I have had trophies not unlock other people have you don't know if patches broke them or not I wish they would sort it.

9. Willowrpe

I have one of the group 1 trophies the training one but the all scenarios for southeastern high speed and collectables for cajon pass have not unlocked for me. Its a strange situation some trophies unlock first time no problem then others can be flaky or not unlock at all

10. Willowrpe

just saw an article on True Achievements on one game that they deleted an unlockable achievement. I have sometimes wondered if it would be so much easier to do it on TSW2/3. Although I do expect it would only be allowed in rare occasions and I know they deleted achievements on steam as True Steam Achievements picked up on them

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

I'd rather they just do their jobs and fix the issue than ask Microsoft to hide it for them.

12. stimp#5938

Is it me or DTG rather quiet lately? No news or updates. This worries me. There’s a lot to do. And I’m getting the feeling TSW2 is no
    longer on the radar.

13. mcpetrus

mcpetrus New Member

I also wrote to the support because trophies have accumulated that cannot be reached. They are trophies that have been discussed here before.

Game:TSW2, PS4

Canadian Oakville:

Trophy Masterclass cannot be reached because the first training cannot be finished. It's easy to see that the problem is that the programmers set the wrong destonation-stamp. This is 4 miles away but you are forced to sit in the passenger seat and there is nothing you can do. A newcomer would uninstall the game annoyed and ask for his money back. I mean imagine you play the game for 5 minutes and something basic doesn't work...

Dresden public transport:

Trophy Dresden commuters

I have (for whatever reason) two different BR 143s in my inventory, one has 300km and the other 160km but the trophy didn't appear both times. It seems clear that it is because there are 2 br143.

These trophies are currently unobtainable under any circumstances, even with luck (as is the case with some other trophies)

However they were reachable at one point though as there are a few people who have reached them in 2021. Then there seems to have been an immature patch that destroyed the trophies and no one of Dovetail has been interested in the issue ever since.

The question now is whether Dovetail is at all interested in us obviously unimportant TSW2 players or why is it that problems that have been known for years are not being fixed?

I'm about to have played through all the dlcs in tsw2 and then wanted to switch to tsw3. But I won't do it until the loyal Tsaw2 players get at least some support to complete their stuff.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

It's just disappointing how you were promised help for the missing Achievement of the Dresden DLC months ago and nothing has happened in almost 2 years.

Now it is just like Cement Circle dropped under the table.

• Like Like x 2
  15. stimp#5938

Exactly. And months…we are nearing the two year mark.

• Like Like x 3
  16. will#1506

will#1506 New Member

I am guessing these achievements that have been like this for years are never gonna get fixed it’s a mess I have 100s of pounds with of DLC that can’t be completed cause of broken achievements or issues

• Like Like x 1
  17. stimp#5938

I would like them to confirm that they are either leaving things as they are without a fix or produce a working solution rather than them telling us it’s on the radar and such. They’re just leaving us hanging at the moment. A very long moment really.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Willowrpe

I wish they would just fix the trophies /achievements dedicate some people to it. It feels like they have not even bothered to fix them eventually all the bugs will kill sales because you would never trust broken stuff will be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

As long as the game itself still works there will be no notable impact on sales from broken achievements. And sadly, they know this, which is why they've chosen to simply ignore the problem and not fix it in almost two years.

I just wish they'd have the common decency to tell us that rather than pretend any real effort is being made.

• Like Like x 1
  20. stimp#5938

Exactly. Pretty sad though.

21. stimp#5938

Keeping this thread alive. We still need a fix on TSW2 Dresden Commuter. DTG JD DTG Alex Keep your promises!

• Like Like x 2
  22. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

Not to mention the missing collectible on LPC.

• Like Like x 1
  23. coasterflo

DTG JD what about now, is there any feedback from you guys?

24. Willowrpe

well I managed to get the SEH all rounder trophy (for all scenarios complete) on my blanc PSN account which I can merge with my main profile this issue happened a lot on TSW2 towards the last lot of trophies. NO disrespect to DTG but its like they are not testing for the bugs at all when I can replicate many of the issues. On HSC there are 2 mileage trophies one unlocked no issue the other never did (on main profile) but on a blanc psn account unlocked every time since I deleted it a few times I found it worked every time. I used to work as a games tester many years ago and I am following the procedures I used to do. It does make you wonder if DTG are ? I like TSW as a game I just wish the trophy / achievement glitches were fixed as it seems like they don't even bother to fix any of them at all

• Like Like x 1
  25. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

So I am on trophy group 13 on PS5 and there are 3 clinchfield related trophies. Complete all training, complete 20 scenarios and complete 20 services. But I have already met all the criteria form a previous game, I have no idea how to unlock these. I can’t work it out. Anyone any clues? I’m on TSW3 PS5. Thanks

26. Willowrpe

did you import the save and already had the completed then create a new driver and then do them again

27. imstylinonyabro

we alszo need the broken OSD tutorial. then finally they can move on to 3 with all its broken scenarios.

28. mcpetrus

mcpetrus New Member

Oakville training is also bugged in tsw3. Only one person has the trophy for it on PS4, no idea how he managed it

dovetail added it to a bug list in January, but in half a year they couldn't patch it

29. stimp#5938

LOL. 6 months is nothing by DTG standards. Serious problems take them years to repair. Like the sound of a loco or a trophy.

• Like Like x 1
  30. coasterflo

Hey dtg_jd / DTG JD,

so you have published yesterday a game update for TSW 3, among other things also for "Nahverkehr Dresden", the route where the already promised bug for the Achievement of the BR 143 was still not fixed.
    Again there was no update as announced for over a year for TSW 2.

Is there perhaps a comment from your side?

• Like Like x 3
  31. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

We already have their official response

"Suck it nerds, give us more money for the new broken content"

That's all we've gotten from the beginning. That's all it is when they say "We know this is a problem and someday at some point in the future we might maybe get around to thinking about looking into it. No promises we actually fix it after looking into though."

32. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

DTG JD hi , when will we get the patch for TSW 2 for the BR143 , there was a patch in TSW3 but nothing happend for tsw2 , why ?

would be quite a disapoint me , because you proimsed that we get a patch but still after the long time nothing :(

there has to be a way to patch it or change it to a scenario or something ?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2023
  33. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

As we've mentioned before, creating builds for TSW3 and TSW2 content are different things, so because one game has had something released, entirely new builds need to be put in for TSW2.

You are right to hold us to account, the team are working on it - but I don't have any news other than 'we will get the TSW2 improvements we promised to you'.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Willowrpe

after over a year its getting silly now just dedicate some time to TSW2 to get the remaining fixes out and then you can move on, I can't shake the impression nothing has been done on the 143 situation. Not fixing problems will simply end up with less people buying future products as the exiting ones are broke. Once TSW2 has been fixed it can then be put to bed or fully retired as you will. I would even pause TSW3 development to get the remaining TSW2 fixes out that way it wont drag on forever

• Like Like x 3
  35. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

i dont really unterstand what the big problem is to patch the last achievement , that would finish TSW2 finally after over 1 year of a broken achievement .

pls go for it and fix it , thats a bit hillarious , i even have 2 achievements in TSW3 and here we go again there are 2 since release broken , no patch incomng , but why.
    if there is no chance to patch these achievements out of the game or just change requierements ?

DTG JD

36. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

And for LPC: Fixing a hole on old gen consoles you could simply just add a collectible at one of the stations and the achievement/trophy should pop.

• Like Like x 1
  37. imstylinonyabro

Hey, I noticed you got the trophy on TSW3 for doing all scenarios on Long Island railroad recently. did you actually DO them all recently near the trophy earned date? I was encountering an issue on one where a train on the branch line was facing me at the end of a scenario and i was curious if you found a work-around to it or how you got the trophy.

38. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

For every TSW3 trophy/achievement that is blocked by a scenario that cannot be completed, there's a possible workaround, if the route is a TSW2 route and you own TSW2.
    The workaround is as follows: open TSW2, create a new profile, run the scenario that cannot be completed in TSW3, exit. Open TSW3, import the profile, play the other scenarios, unlock the achievement. The achievement pops when you complete the last outstanding scenario. I did this for NEC Boston route, where Cold as Ice scenario cannot be completed, and a few other routes. I don't remember if LIRR was on the list though.

39. imstylinonyabro

that's what i've done for any new routes i've bought, so i don't need to do all tsw2 stuff 4x across ps4/5 and tsw3 ps4/5. however, this long island railroad scenario and the one cathcart circle one seem to be broken on tsw2 as well :(

40. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

I’m trying this method for 143 tutorial, I’ve Created a new profile on TSW2 and was able to complete 143 training Module in Nahverkehr Dresden, Once I boot back up TSW3 how do I get that profile across from TW2 so i can continue? Thanks

41. imstylinonyabro

yeah, you need to hit R1 to go to the next page and in the lower right there is an option for switch profiles. you can then import a tsw2 profile from there.

42. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Thanks

43. yardem

yardem Well-Known Member

Must be a Playstation-only problem, as I have been able to complete all scenarios in TSW2.

44. Willowrpe

Yes I did but will several dodgy trophies completed around the same time I think I may have done then on a offline clean PSN account but I don't recall it giving me too much trouble

45. imstylinonyabro

How did you do the LIRR "Race day run" scenario? It seems on the eastern branch line there is a train that just never moves. i tried in on tsw2 as well and it's the exact same thing. i don't think a blank account has any effect on the actual in-game scenario.

46. Willowrpe

In all honesty it worked did you make any saves during the run or have the M3 installed ?

47. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

I really wish you would push the devs harder on this just for some information. I know that isn't your team, and you can only give us what they give you. The problem is what they give you to pass on is nothing more than "trust us, we'll have it done at some point before the heat death of the universe." It's such a useless and unhelpful response that you guys remaining completely silent and not saying even that, is honestly better than what we're getting at this point.

It's not you who needs to be held accountable, it's the devs. Unfortunately you as the public face are the one being held accountable and the devs don't have anyone making an effort to stem the very justified belief that they couldn't care less because they know they'll never have to deal with the players.

• Like Like x 1
  48. imstylinonyabro

hmmm. i defo saved during it in case i'd not be paying attention and speed. think that somehow fluffed it? i never left the scenario, though.

49. Willowrpe

sometimes saving during a scenario can break them

50. imstylinonyabro

i've never seen a scenario get broken just by a save in my entire time playing the last 5 years. Only time it's happened is when saving and quitting.

EDIT: thought it sorted itself because save and quitting made the ai train drive. however, now we are both just stuck at red lights. Wish I could get some useful info on how this scenario is ablew to be completed.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2023