Buy West Rhine Again

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by giordano.manlio63, Jul 16, 2021.

1. giordano.manlio63

giordano.manlio63 New Member

I bought the West Rhine route a while ago, so I don't have the BR155.
    If I buy it again with the double package that includes the new IC-BR146, will I be able to have the complete route of all the rolling stock?
    Thank you.

2. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Just to be completely clear we're talking about Köln-Koblenz right? I got started in TS with TS2016 which included Köln-Koblenz and I have the BR155- in fact I have two since a blue one was given away to users as part of a thing called TS Rewards which was a set of half a dozen or so freebies for all three TS2016 routes. If you're missing either (TS rewards items were added to their respective routes for all users as updates or should have been) you should open a support ticket with Dovetail. You certainly shouldn't need to pay twice for something you should have in the first place- in fact I'm not sure you could through Steam.

Presuming you do contact Dovetail attach the AppManifest files which, unless you instructed Steam to install TS somewhere else, will be in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps. It'll save them asking you for them.

3. giordano.manlio63

giordano.manlio63 New Member

Yes, I say the Koln-Koblenz. I buy it before 2016, and I have already reported the problem but no solution has been proposed to me. Maybe I have the wrong address to send the request to, can you tell me one?
    Thank you

4. JJTimothy

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't think Steam would let you purchase something you already own

6. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  7. JJTimothy

But he should already have the BR155. If he buys Köln-Koblenz again, on its own or as part of TS2016, firstly what's to guarantee that he'd get the loco'? Secondly why the hell should he pay for it again?

Oh and forty dollars? Thirty seconds in Google shows it for a tenth of that on several sites.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  8. trainsimplayer2020

As I know the DB BR 155 was only included in Train Simulator 2016.

The BR155 came out as a TS Reward for TS2016.
    Unless you got it as a TS reward it is not included in any add-on or as a single item.

The traffic red DB BR 155 was part of the "West Rhine: Cologne – Koblenz" route in the TS 2016 edition

9. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it has been added to the normal West Rhine route, like how the Gas Turbine was added directly to Sherman Hill.

10. trainsimplayer2020

Maybe have been added later to West Rhine: Köln - Koblenz Route Add-On but it only says Included with the route is a DB BR 146.0 electric locomotive and Doppelstock (double-decker) coaches forming the RE5 ‘Rhine Express’.
    A DB BR 294 diesel locomotive with freight wagons and DB BR 101 with passenger coaches also add a variety of services on the route.

The route is from 5 dec, 2014.

Key Features
    • 96km (60 mile) route between Cologne and Koblenz, via Bonn
    • 22 passenger stations serving some of West Germany’s medieval towns
    • Large freight yards at Bruhl and Bonn-West
    • DB Museum at Koblenz- Lützel
    • DB BR 146.2 with Doppelstock coaches
    • DB BR 294 with freight wagons
    • DB BR 101 with passenger coaches
    • DB BR 155 and Press BR 155
    • Scenarios for the route
    • Quick Drive compatible

11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

giordano.manlio63
    You could try removing the West Rhine: Cologne – Koblenz route from your system
    Go in to the Steam Client > Library and click on Train Simulator
    On the RH side you will see down the page Manage My DLC
    Click on that on search for the route in the box - Untick the box

On your computer go to \railworks\Assets\DTG - find the CologneKoblenz folder and rename it to CologneKoblenz OLD

Back in the Steam Client find the West Rhine: Cologne – Koblenz entry and re-tick the box and it will recreate the directory
    It also might add the BR155Pack01 and the BR155Pack02

You do not want to be buying something you should have already

Peter

12. JJTimothy

Originally you had to register for the TS Rewards items but they were added to their respective routes supposedly as updates for existing users, although the process does seem to have been hit and miss, and included for new buyers. I missed a couple of them but got codes for them directly from Dovetail after opening a ticket as suggested above.

IIRC I had a new system by the time I contacted Dovetail so it was a fresh install from this point of view and, obviously, I still had to ask for them.