Cajon Pass With German Switch Stands

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Sep 12, 2018.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I have been thinking about changing the switch stands for this route, Cajon Pass. Right now this route have German but need to have North American switch stands. I know that this route was created way back to Kuju Rail Simulator but wondering why didn't DoveTail Games team change this when the North America prototype routes are available like Donner Pass, Sherman Hill, Steven Pass, Horseshoe Curve and few others. For me, I have no knowledge at all about route building to change the switch stands or just change the track rules file.

Thank you,

John

• Like Like x 1
  2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

I think the DTG team have stated this before about other older products before, but if they were to go back and change the switchstands, then they would have to retexture the assets, lay down new track, rework the rolling stock, etc. because there's an expectation, kind of like with the new PDL that just came out not too long ago. There's a pretty good chance that Cajon Pass will be getting a remake in some form or another, but in the meantime, try the Cajon Pass Modernized route: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=722868406&searchtext=cajon+pass+modernised
    You'll need Stevens Pass by G-TraX (unavailable outside the US), but it's well worth it.

3. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Thank you for your reply and guess that I better wait till the team of DoveTail Games Train Simulator work on to upgrade this route. I would love to have them done sooner than later because when I was in simulation and can't stand to see German switch stands all along.

John