California Northern Short Line

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by jack.kuiper.18, Mar 26, 2020.

1. jack.kuiper.18

jack.kuiper.18 Active Member

California Northern Short Line. With the opportunities for short lines in general untouched in TS, I would like to propose the California Northern (CFNR). With multiple, unconnected lines, I would suggest the one based out of Davis, CA. It heads directly north, toward Tehama. It begins as a wye off the Union Pacific's Martinez Sub, and straddles the historic Davis depot. It travels north through many small farming towns, including Merritt, Sugarfield, Yolo, Dufour, Zamora, Dunnigan, Adams, Harrington, Arbuckle, Genevra, Williams, Delphos, Cortena, Maxwell, Delevan, Logandale, Riz, Willows, Arlois, Greenwood, Orland, Wyo, Corning, Richfield, and lastly Tehama. It handles many commodities, including beer, chemicals, cheese, construction products, feed grain, lime, lumber, oils, olives, rice, steel, sugar, tomato products and wine. It interchanges with the Union Pacific at a small interchange yard just east of the Davis wye. Its roster includes three different types of locomotives, the GP15-1 in there custom paint, their 3GS21B in red, white, and blue paint, and two GP38-2s, in GWR paint.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GP15-1
    [​IMG]

3GS21B:
    [​IMG]

GP38-2
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Stephen J. Hjellum

Stephen J. Hjellum New Member

I live in Woodland, so this would be a plus for me to run something in my hometown. I grew up in Davis in the mid-90's - 2012 time frame, and seeing CFNR locomotives made my world. Since little has changed in 40-50 years, older SP power can run on this route.