PlayStation Cane Creek Derail Error On First Real Scenario (ldp-46 Part 1: Brendel To Moab)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by colinplant, Jul 8, 2021.

1. colinplant

colinplant New Member

Hello,

Wondering if it's just me. PS5.

After driving the trains to the end of the line and when you finally get the cars split and the rear engines ready to move, as soon as you sit in engineer's chair it says derail despite the train not moving.

Anyone else gotten this already?

Kinda sucks to have this type of error right out of the gate.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Yes, I've just had that, I'm on PC. Luckily I had saved a few minutes earlier, so did not have to redo the whole route. I did wonder if it was coupler physics issue having a tantrum when you try to move the second half.

3. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Surprisingly this hasn’t happened to me on Xbox

4. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Yep, I had this on PC. Sucked to have to redo all the scenario again (1h20m). Of course, I saved my game just before uncoupling in my second try, just in case (crossing my fingers, because savegames sometimes do not work). Managed to make it work on my second try.

After finishing, I did some tests trying to figure out what is going on. Need to make some more tests tomorrow, but my current hypothesis is that you need to set the brakes for Lead / Cut In using the screen in the DPU loco before you sit. If you sit before you do that something goes wrong with the physics engine and the train derails.

Did a few more tries. The siding is in a 1.2% slope, so when I uncouple the 25 wagons the back part of the train pushes the front part (even when the brakes are fully applied). If the back of the train gets too much into the front of the train I get the "Train Derailed" error when I sit in the DPU loco. Everything else (like if I sit before I change the brake settings, etc) does not seem to make any difference.

I will upload a video tomorrow.

Here is the video that demonstrates the problem:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. colinplant

colinplant New Member

Hello.
    Thanks for responding and sharing your experience.
    I tried and tried and the only thing that FINALLY worked was actually when I did the decoupling it asks to do when you arrive: I decoupled using the front car decoupler. It then moved a bit apart. That did it. Usually I use the following car decoupler. Never again!

6. tinker#6140

tinker#6140 New Member

Yep me too on both ps4pro and pc. Put every brake on i could find. Same result. Nice bit of pre release testing. Hotfix coming? Dont have that much time to play so this was incredibly annoying to say the least.

7. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

What worked for me was with the coupling. I usually couple the car in the back, but the people I was talking to told me that you have to do it with the car in front. I did so and yes, I solve it.

8. kekanha#4892

And you are right.it sucks

9. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I will try that and see if that makes a difference.

I did many tests yesterday always uncoupling using the couple in the wagon closest to the tunnel, and each time something different happened. Sometimes one part of the train pushed into the other, or the other way around. Sometimes it pushed a lot, sometimes not so much. It seemed quite random to me.

10. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Added the video to my previous post as promised.

11. bagotmatt

bagotmatt New Member

I was able to complete this scenario on my first try (I am on PC). I made sure to set the brakes in the lead loco (the one you drive for the large majority of the scenario) to cut-out before exiting the cab and disconnecting the cars. I used the uncoupler closer to the loading facility and then when I sat down in the lead loco of the DPU set, there were no issues.

12. kekanha#4892

The wagon in front is released instead of the one behind it always goes well. dont release rear wagon.

13. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Unfortunately nope. Here is the derailment uncoupling the front wagon.

14. kekanha#4892

you can uncopling with the camera outside, without leaving the cabin. after uncopling the train arrives a little further on

15. kekanha#4892

Attached Files:

16. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

I know it can be done if you repeat it several times until it works. Or you can just go to the loco you came driving in and pull the consist after uncoupling, then go to the back of the train and continue following the mission instructions.

I'm just trying to find a way of doing it reliably without doing strange things. Also if I can find the root of the problem the devs can take a look and maybe fix it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  17. kekanha#4892

it is not weird. I always uncopling without leaving the cabin, with the camera outside. you do not???

18. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Nope.

19. kekanha#4892

You leave the cabin to change the tracks too ??? I think it's normal to do it with the external camera or with the touch button on the remote. I do everything inside the train anyway. then you get a little ahead to avoid re-coupling the wagons. because the other locomotive is re-coupled it is going to skid and as the train is empty it derails. none of this is strange or new. in clinchfield they even advise you to accelerate a little before releasing the brakes for that don't happen. but if you get off the train to do manouvers, it's your way of playing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  20. kekanha#4892

When they tell you for uncopling wagons, you walk 40, 50 or 90 meters and return to the train? God, that's wasting time right? you can do it without leaving the site. that's why they give you a map with the lines, to be able to change them without leaving the cabin. do it with the exterior camera, listen to me.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

100m I will walk. Of course I will use the map if the train is 1 mile long. But this is not the focus of this thread.

22. kekanha#4892

Use the map to change rails,

23. kekanha#4892

II am nobody to tell you how to play, but I have all 38 DLC of TSW 2, and I already had all of TSW 2020. I play this from the beginning. You are the first person I know to get off the train to change the tracks or to connect wagons. As the map tells you, it helps me to change the tracks without leaving the train, I still use the exterior camera to dock. Talk about the map as an example that you can do all the maneuvers without leaving the cockpit. Now you play as you want, you like to walk along the roads, well

24. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Drives 1 1/2 hours almost straight at low speed but calls out wasting time when doing a 30 seconds walk :D
    All in all playing video games is a waste of time, what difference does it make if you walk a few meters ingame after doing an hour long travel with your locomotive?
    And how many dlc you have bought has absolutely no relevance. Personally I mix it up, more often I will use the map and flying camera to do these tasks, but once in a while it is nice to just do stuff by hand.

On topic, I guess I was lucky and had no derail error. Did everything exactly the same as Inkar in his second video, stopping, uncoupling the car closer to the loading station, running over to the other loco, sit in the seat. All by hand.
    Seems like there are some goofy physics at work here which also seem to be unreliably reproducable...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  25. wombleway

wombleway Well-Known Member

Yeah, but...
    Awkward! :D

• Like Like x 5
  26. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have tried this 2 times now so 4 hours wasted. i got derailed twice. first time when pulling away once decupled. 2nd time i decoupled climbed in the other loco opened the door and got derailed. this game is beginning to stress me out with all the bugs in the routes.

• Like Like x 2
  27. professorfate10

professorfate10 New Member

I had this issue as well, I stopped, then uncoupled, and after that I moved the train a little bit further forward (nearer to the tunnel entrance) and that worked for me too

28. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

This issue still remains - will try some of the workarounds in this thread next time (currently about 6 attempts in)

29. kekanha#4892

Instead of going out to uncouple the train, it remains inside the cabin and uncouples with the outer camera. connect the outer camera and go to the wagon and unhook it

30. kekanha#4892

you don't need to get off the train

31. breblimator

breblimator Guest

This issue is about a switch position. Use map (9) to line-up \o/ BR o7