Can't Edit Gs-4 Xml Files

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rasucit Nemilos, Apr 28, 2019.

?
  1. Yes, people should be allowed to customize downloaded locos, as long as they don’t redistribute.

66.7%
  2. No, people should be satisfied with what they have.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don’t have an opinion on that.

33.3%
  1. Rasucit Nemilos

Rasucit Nemilos Member

A while back I installed a physics pack for the GS-4, and I found there were still some things I wanted to tweak and make better, such as its ability to handle heavy freight, which could be achieved by moving horsepower and tractive effort up. The problem is that when I go into the XML Document and edit what I desire, it doesn’t change anything. I did tests on this in four different ways. First, I reduced the sensitivity of the controls by 50%, and this was successful. Then I attempted to increase the reverser's range from 75% to 100%, and this was unsuccessful. My third test was editing the default positions of many things, including the brake, fuel lever, and windows, which didn’t work. My fourth test, the one I just did ten minutes ago, was attempting to edit the capacity of the tender to the actual figures for a GS-4 — 15.6 tons of coal (though it’s actually oil, can I change the label?) and 23500 gallons of water. This, too, did not work.

If anybody here knows what I’m doing wrong or if I just can’t edit it that way, please let me know so I can start working effectively with it. If this way of editing it isn’t possible then please tell me how to do it. Please note that I have already installed the physics upgrade pack, so that isn’t the problem. If I’m just editing it in the wrong places, please let me know where the right place to edit it is. Thank you!