Career Scenario Dump Error

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by John Murphy, Jun 1, 2018.

1. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

For some weird reason, I'm getting a dump error every time I go to start up a career scenario. It happens for every scenario I try on every route. The scenario doesn't even start. It goes to the load screen and then just immediately crashes to the desktop.

I've already tried clearing the cache, lowering graphics settings, doing a file verification, restarting the game, restarting my computer, making sure my GPU drivers are up to date, but nothing solves the problem. I don't know if anybody else is having this issue and even if nobody else is, I really don't care. I'm still going to post about it. If you think I have a garbage PC (which I don't and I can send the specs to prove it), then that's your problem. I don't even see how it could be my PC, because it just started happening today and I haven't made any changes to TS or my PC.

2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Have you submitted a support ticket?

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I remember you posting your computer specs a little while ago and I found nothing to suggest your PC is the issue. I know you did not mention it in the list above have you tried reinstalling the game. Other than that not sure what else the issue could be, and just to have to wait to hear back from DTG.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I play TS on a surface laptop... specs don't cause everything to crash...
    I would try a complete strip out and reinstall of steam and TS because it's likely something fundamental has messed up somewhere.

5. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

A clean reinstall of the game might do the trick. I had a similar issue not to long ago. Just uninstall the game, delete all the Train Simulator files from your computer, then reinstall the game.