Fishing Sim World Catching A Cold

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Chizzckh, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Decided to invest some time on Waldsee over the past few days, mainly as it offers the widest range of species and size.

I've probably already made my point to death on too many carp in the game, so I'll leave that for now.

Lots of people have been complaining about bite rates and I couldn't agree more, absolutely no point having 3 x rods as you just can't keep up. I have suggested changing bite rates to directly be proportionate to the bait size and hook already, I.e small hooks and maggots get you lots of bites of small species and vice versa for the larger end of the scale.

The reason for this post is more about bite rates from each species. Unless I'm doing something completely wrong Rudd and Ghost carp are almost impossible to hook. I am way into the many hundreds of fish caught on the game but have only managed one Rudd and Ghost carp to now.
    Roach, not quite as bad but again it doesn't matter what method/bait I use... they turn up once in a blue moon.

Catfish I have just got into double figures but as there isn't a real stack of waters with them in, I'm fine with that for now.

I've managed Perch only on lures, not one on a traditional hookbait ... not sure if it's possible or not?

Of course bar the Ghost carp, I have hundreds of carp. Bream seem more regular than Eurofishing and tench about the same.

I'm not sure if this is by design, bugs or my skill level but something certainly needs to be done with the catch rates of certain species while other (Yes carp!) Need to be dialed right down.

It would be quite interesting if on a new venue the developers play the stock card differently and it results in more believable species bite rates. For fun let's say a lake is created and they go down the line of promoting it only has a small head of tench, so I'm not expecting to catch tench at all really but when one turns up it feels an achievement. Much like in real life when you manage to hook something that you only had heard about being in the water.

2. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

I’ve gotten one euro perch with a imitation prawn bait but got way more tench and bream and only a few wel’s in match tourney at manor farm.... would be nice to see them go off size of hook for size of fish able to be caught since a lot of the time smaller fish you catch on a size 4 seems unrealistic the small fish shouldn’t be able to get there mouth around hooks like that... if anything they should grab bait eat it off hook or run with it without getting hook. Makeing it so you have to check baits now and then and also rebait hooks... about ghost carp i’ve only have caught 7 but was off double corn large and pop up 20mm tiger nuts.. also crappie have paper mouths the way the game makes you jerk your rod to hook one of these on a lure is very wrong if you tried that in real life most of the time you’d rip their mouths off... be interesting to see if your fighting a carp and roach or Rudd if now and then a northern pike would chase after and bite into it or hook up on a live fish would make it a bit more realistic as these are predators and more then likely this would happen now and then in real life... that being said wish the terminal tackle was more effective and drag worked better in game got 50lb test line on drag set to 40 and doesn’t seem to make a dent in how fast fish tire out or get caught need to base the fight of fish off moment they take hook and swim around not from when you pick pole up and start reeling it in also with drag set that high fish shouldn’t be able to swim around like they do unless big enough or a powerful enough species to rip line off reel... also with drag set that high line tension should come into play more than it does.