Fishing Sim World Catching Bluegill

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by smashthethrown, Nov 15, 2018.

1. smashthethrown

smashthethrown New Member

Does anyone know the setup I need to use for Bluegill? I've been fishing lake Johnson with no luck.

• Like Like x 1
  2. harold

harold Active Member

also never caught one

3. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

I have caught bluegill using 15LB line & pencil baits, fishing around the docks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Force

Michael Force New Member

I know right... Lol I catch them by accident while bass fishing with huge lures... If ya try to fish for them specifically with live bait, ya don't catch any. Lol

5. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

I think the bluegill is really screwed up in this sim. Bluegills have small mouth and the usually roam suspended in shallow waters close to weed. The best technique is float fishing with the snallest possible hook (#20 here) preferably at sunrise or sunset. But that's real Life. Here... I haven't caught any yet. And I saw a guy saying he got one with big bass lure (very umprobable in real life)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luiz Paiva

Luiz Paiva New Member

I caught 2 blugills at a cove just south of the standard pier you spawn at. Well... no bites with live bait... then I switch to a 5 inches sinking lure and I caught them. The devs should do more research about real fish behavior... a long road ahead before they can call it fishing "sim". It looks more like an arcade game about catching fish...

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  7. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

I’ve caught a few on a swim bait lure on my big line set up funny enough but u catch most fish on most lure aswell as hooks specially carp lol

8. RedDwarf10

RedDwarf10 Member

have caught trophy bluegill and common ones on 5 in swimbait was not fishing for them