Changes I Think Would Be Nice

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by thatleedsguy#8590, Jan 22, 2021.

1. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I think Off Topic might be the closest fit.

I don't want this initial post to be all about bellyaching. I'm very impressed with most of TSW, even if some individual parts of it are not my cup of tea (e.g. freight, German routes, etc).

However, I decided to air some things that I think should be changed...or it would be nice if they were changed or expanded upon.

1. DLC exclusive locos
    The idea that certain DLC locos can only be purchased if you have a certain route (e.g. you can only get the Class 52 if you already have West Somerset Railway) bothers me to an extent. I understand that WSR has the timetable for it and the relevant tutorial, but isn't that packaged with the download for the 52, anyway? (correct me if I'm wrong on that)

I'd buy the Class 33 and 52 if WSR wasn't required, since WSR would set me back another £20 on top of what I pay for the 33 and 52.

Yes, to get the full functionality of every loco, you have to have the relevant DLC, but I think it should be up to the player what they want to get out of the extra loco. I'm content just to drive it in a scenario I made and would happily pay the asking price (so long as I could still access the tutorial somewhere)

2. Tutorials don't seem in-depth enough
    It would be nice if a more lengthy, in-depth tutorial was included with each loco. A quick, basic one (like we have now), plus a more in-depth tutorial later would help.

Whilst I'm grateful effort is put in to create the manuals, I can't help but feel they would be better off being placed in-game via an interactive tutorial or at least a video-based guide. I assumed the manuals mentioned in-game were either collectibles or just part of the general spiel for the instructor rather than actual online resources.

Having tutorials moved to a specific place on the menu rather than under their relevant routes would also be convenient.

3. Scenario Designer is lacking features
    Weather and season differences are lacking in scenarios made using the Designer. Options, even if they were to be incredibly rigid presets, would be nice here. It would add so much variety just to see some rain (as crazy as that sounds, seeing as how rain is often complained about).

There also don't seem to be many passengers that board the train in these player made scenarios. Perhaps one or two here and there. Sometimes, the platform is completely empty.

How about all of you? Do you agree with these changes? Do you have others you'd like to add? Can you expand upon them?

Hope someone reads these.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. elvescast

elvescast Active Member

Hi I feel the same about these points and have posted before.

On point 1, apparently it's to do with assets. I would love to be able to buy individual units.

A further expansion of this would to buy a new unit that is with a new route as standard such as buying the SE branded 375 without the route for example.

Not really sure on point 2

Onto point 3, I know it's in the roadmap to improve scenario creator but not sure what that entails, however you can set the weather by creating a scenario, going to explore option on the route you created it for, choosing the weather then backing out and selecting to drive your own scenario.

Havnt done this in a while but last I tried it worked.

Hopefully something of what I've said helps

• Like Like x 1
  3. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Yes, on rapid transit there are barely any passengers and the tutorials don’t go over the safety systems

• Like Like x 1