PlayStation Chemical Plant Scenario

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by paulc, Jan 26, 2022.

1. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Nahverkehr Dresden chemical Plant scenario, after reaching the chemical Plant sidings & you drop off your tankers with the 363, when you hook up to the rake of tankers to be returned to Riesa the brakes are stuck on! There is not much you can do to release them as they stick at around 2.2bar! you can either drag the rake very slowly back to the exchange sidings stuck brakes squealing away or an alternative is to release the valve next to your seat in the 363 but this requires you to keep this valve moved/released whilst guessing where you are on the return trip, if you let go of the valve the brakes come back on!

As you get back to the mainline exchange sidings the brakes seem to release themselves & the return trip to Riesa seems to go ok.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  2. lewielevy

lewielevy Well-Known Member

I had this too, it seems to come on after reaching a certain speed? I just dragged the 363 to the finish point.

3. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

STOP AT LOCATION: Weissig (b Grossenhain) Siding G4 (1.3km)
    I’ve also experienced this on PS5. My BR 363 BC pressure is 5.2!!!! Very annoying. I want to complete this scenario to collect a reward. This is not the first time I’ve had to abandon a journey due to a brake cylinder being stuck fully charged either. It’s annoying that this problem seems to have been around for a while and not addressed.

4. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

The brakes on the 363 are tricky, the release position is not meant to release the brakes but to overcharge them in case of a sticking or dirty valve to blow it free. Only the driving position is used to release the brakes, otherwise the 363 will have big problems releasing the brakes with its small compressor.

I recommend watching Matt's tutorial video from minute 19 to understand how to use the brakes on the 363 correctly,
    because what you are experiencing is not a bug but a user error.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Interesting, I'll give the vid a watch & see how I get on.

6. Diamondderp

Diamondderp Guest

There's also a bug when you go above 30 or 60 (depends on which mode the 363 is set on) it will apply the emergency brake on the 363.

So maybe that's this bug.

7. sequencer2k16

No, the max. allowed speed is 30 km/h in shunting mode and 60 km/h in long range mode, all prototypical. The 363 is just a small and very old shunter, its strength is torque at the price of max. speed and it is not designed to go faster than 30/60km/h.

8. Diamondderp

Diamondderp Guest

When pulling the 363, you should be able to go 75kmh (hence they say at the beginning your max speed is 75kmh), but the 363 just says no and still apply the brake…

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2022
  9. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Thanks for that. I’ll do some more ‘learning’.

10. cptainnevica#6145

cptainnevica#6145 Member

Thank you so much for your support. I’ve just completed the scenario and now have a much better understanding of this particular braking system. I’m discovering what a lovely little thing the 363 is to drive. Once again, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  11. sequencer2k16

Indeed, the 363 is a lot of fun. Glad I could help.

12. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I had the same troubles, now I just love her. Get her to work on RRO, lots of services for the 363 in 3 chapters, looooots of fun....:love: