Chessie System U30c Loco Add-on!any Fix?

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by trainsimplayer2020, Apr 25, 2021.

1. trainsimplayer2020

trainsimplayer2020 Well-Known Member

2. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Officially, no, the group that made the DLC (Virtual Rail Creations) has since disappeared from the Train Simulator scene. It should work in 32bit mode no problem.

A 64bit fix can be found here.
    aaaaaaa.png

3. tlaswell

tlaswell New Member

That got the throttle to move but the loco didn't. The keyboard doesn't work for the throttle either. Wish I had tried this as soon as I bought it then I could of gotten my money back from Steam but a year later it isn't going to happen.

4. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Have you set the Selector to the "1" position? It is "Off" by default. And don't forget to activate the Generator field switch.

212.png

I advise to run this loco in 32bit, it works 100%.

That 64 bit patch has issues too, as the dynamics won't work (you'll accelerate) and the amp & Eq reservoir gauges are not displaying correctly.

It seems the developer used some scripting techniques to have the power handle both notched for throttle and without notches for the dynamics. This only works in 32-bit sadly - VRC was on par with Searchlight Simulation locos.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2023
  5. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Finally, user kris120 has provided a fix on RWA. Luckily he owns the non-Steam version of the Chessie and was able to compare the files and fix the issue by providing a working CommonLib1.1.out from the non-Steam version. It references the ElectricalSubSystemLib.out in a different path. He's provided an installation script.

https://railworksamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24548&p=275115#p275103

I have attached a ready-to-use version of the patch here. A second asset folder "U30C-Series" (without "_01") is created containing the ElectricalSubSystemLib.out.

I have tested it and can confirm it fully works on 64bit now! Thanks again, kris120!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2023