Chicago, Milwaukee, And St. Paul - Rocky Mountain Division Route Creation

Discussion in 'Creation Centre' started by a.thomas.may, Mar 21, 2021.

1. a.thomas.may

a.thomas.may Member

I just started developing a route for release in Workshop. It will be from the Milwaukee Roads Rocky Mountain electrified division. It will start at Harlowton, MT and terminate at Three Forks, MT. It will be developed based on how it was around 1962.

Here is the link to my post in the route suggestion thread, with a fair amount of information. https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...sion-between-harlowton-mt-and-avery-id.14879/

The one thing I don’t have for this route is any traction or rolling stock. Would anyone have suggestions on attaining these assets?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Trainz stuff exists, though it'd be a chore to port. (Someone once ported the N&W Y6a but was soon shut down by Auran of all people). There's also MSTS versions, which could work, but would be poor quality.

3. a.thomas.may

a.thomas.may Member

That is currently outside my capabilities at the moment. That and 3D building. Though I would have said the same thing about route building just a few months ago.

As I understand it, I would only be able to release the route on Workshop. The rolling stock and traction, since there’s nothing out there by/through DTG, wouldn’t be able to be included, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Well it's better then nothing, right?

5. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

The only bit of MILW rolling stock that's official is the US only GP9 pack, it contains a MILW version. Otherwise Railworks America has a number of MILW repaints for various diesels, Golden Age of Railroading has a few things as well. Probably won't be able to post it on the workshop, but that's your best bet unless you're ok with using the GP9 for everything.

• Like Like x 1