Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ac_freeman, Jul 8, 2023.

1. ac_freeman

ac_freeman Member

Hi All - As well as creating routes for Train Simulator Classic I also volunteer on an actual Railway, Chinnor & Princes Risborough Railway. I qualified as Crossing Keeper a few weeks ago and am now working through the Shunter Training...this is physically quite demanding, especially the buckeye couplings that are used to couple the carriages to each other - I have my first actual shunter duty in a couple of weeks time when I will coupling/uncoupling the running locos at each ends of the line as they run round the trains. This training path will eventually see me through to Diesel 2nd Man and Diesel Driver. As I'm a glutton for punishment I have also started training to be Station Master.....first training turn tomorrow, I have bought a replica GWR waistcoat ( complete with brass GWR buttons ) and a pocket watch to try and look the part.

Just a bit of shameless advertising - we are running trains each weekend throughout the Summer, and some Thursdays during the school holidays - if you live not far away come and pay us a visit - www.chinnorrailway.co.uk/. Just beware that if the weather turns hot and dry again we may have to top & tail the steam loco with the Class 37 doing some of the work, currently this is not planned for tomorrow. NB. Our Princes Risborough Station is part of the Chiltern Railway mainline station so you can reach us by train - we do not guarantee connections though.

Andy

• Like Like x 1