Clarifications Regarding Preserved Collection And The Deluxe Edition

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Cloadmcally, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

Hi all,
    In following the last few Q&A's i gathered that the preserved collection add-ons would be free for whomever owened them in tsw2020. I was however a bit surprised seeing that the deluxe edition of tsw2 had a preserved collection route included, adding 10 £ to the total cost. Mind you i was logged into steam and was elegible for the 15% preorder discount but in purchasing the "deluxe" edition of the preorder, steam didn't recognize that the east coastway was already in my collection, essentially treating it as a different product. I of course then pre-ordered the base game, not being sure what the heck was going on. Have ImI something? Are we going to have to pay for the preserved collection dlcs? Is it just a steam bug? Am I just getting old and confused?

2. zappatime

zappatime Well-Known Member

They confirmed that the East Coastway route in the deluxe version of TSW2 is the legacy version that has been done to work with the new TSW2. You will not be charged for these legacy versions of any TSW1 routes that you already own, they will be released in phases as they work their way through the conversion process (with the exception of 1 US route); East Coastway is one of the legacy routes that will be ‘ready’ at release of TSW2 - so there’s no point in you buying the deluxe version of TSW2 anyway, if you already own EC route you’ll be to download it for free when youve got TSW2 installed. Hope that makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes

4. Cloadmcally

Cloadmcally Active Member

That's what I though, was just confused by the wording on the steam bundle page. Cheers!

5. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

If you already own East Coastway in TSW2020 you do not benefit at all in buying the Deluxe edition. The reason it doesn't recognise that you own East Coastway is because the Preserved version is basically a completely separate item in the store: it doesn't know that East Coastway in TSW 2020 and East Coastway in TSW2 are the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

On the QandA last night Matt mentioned that there would be a 35% discount on ECW, PC and the last German route recently released. Can someone at DTG for those that do not own any of these routes please confirm that if you buy them on launch day 20/8 on steam, can these routes be added to your TSW2020 collection and played within the old game?

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The TSW 2 versions of the DLC won’t work with TSW 2020.