Class 175

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by LewispDyte, Oct 6, 2020.

1. LewispDyte

LewispDyte Member

Would it be worth updating the class 175 to the new TFW livery and when sitting in passenger view I noticed the interior is based on a class 180 not the 175 so would that be able to be updated as even the cab is a little outdated as Alstom have modified the cab now

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG are in licensing talks with TfW but given we haven't seen any TfW content from DTG I would summise presume those talks didn't conclude (probably COVID related)

3. LewispDyte

LewispDyte Member

Are they that would be great if they get permission to get the licence, I work for alstom and maintain the class 175 in chester and i know working a alongside TFW they are very tight in giving licensing to any company they like to stick to them selfs

4. ARuscoe

Isn't TfW welsh government?

5. LewispDyte

LewispDyte Member

No two companies called Amey and Keolis have tfw as a franchise

6. ARuscoe

They don't own the IP though so wouldn't necessarily have a say in it's use. We have four McDonalds franchise owners where I live but they don't get to say who can use the big yellow m

7. LewispDyte

LewispDyte Member

I don't know how all the licensing works tbh it's a massive chain of bosses that say yes or no i.e. its actually Alstom that own the class 175 so I'm sure theres bosses on that side as well

8. prrsteamfan

prrsteamfan Member

Perhaps there's a free patch available somewhere for the 175 that came with the old North Wales Coastal or the unbranded example in Welsh Marches? Considering I've seen sign replacements for TfW, have a look around and you might find the hidden gem you're looking for.

9. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

If you have the Armstrong Powerhouse 175 enhancement then there's a TfW re-skin on Alan Thompson Sim.

10. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Here's Wiki's explanation.

11. ARuscoe

From that I would say that the IP would be TfW rather than the operator, and I know after a FOI request that DTG and TfW are talking

12. LewispDyte

LewispDyte Member

It would be good to see a new class 175 because I just noticed in the cab above the cab door there is a vent on the 175 on TS21 but in fact In real life there isn't a vent above the door there is a vent on the class 180 also on the real 175 there is a little monitor on the drivers right hand view which has always been there but hasn't been put on the simulation version I think DTG just based the class 175 off the class 180 they are the same but there is a bit of difference in cab and the saloon

13. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The passenger interior of the 175 and 180 is very similar as both were build by Alstom.

14. LewispDyte

LewispDyte Member

The difference from the TS 175 and the real 175 is that there isn’t that many tables on the 175 in one carriage also whilst on passenger view there isn’t a cab door there it’s a sliding door to go through to exit the train get to the drivers cab

15. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Does it make a difference? it's not like TSW where you can walk thru the train.
    If they were going to remake every train because some detail is not quite right nothing would get done in the game.
    Much better for new trains to be released instead of revisiting old ones for the sake of a vent or a monitor

16. LewispDyte

LewispDyte Member

Alright buddy why don’t you just calm your self down getting all high rate why don’t you read the heading to this topic it says suggestions and proposal so I’m putting my proposal through for future updates instead of you sitting there just taking digs at people’s suggestions

17. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is you who seems to be getting irate -
    I was pointing out the facts of the situation - if you wish to think that an update to the 175 might be done then that's fine.
    But don't wait for DTG to do it when stuff which has bigger problems is not getting fixed