PC Class 20 Tvl - Weird External View Issue

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Jannerdunk, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Has anyone else seen this issue with the Class 20. When in an external camera and you rotate around the around the flat end (rear), the front end suddenly pops into view.

Sorry for the video quality

Edit - Possibly only happens when running light engine as issue goes away after coupling to rake of wagons

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Your camera is actually centred on the rear of the two locos and as you spin the camera around that loco and the camera line goes through the front loco it springs closer to show the front of the rear loco (the one the camera is centred on). Once the line of the camera is just free of the front loco it springs back out to show the flat rear end of that loco again. This camera behaviour is not specific to the Class 20 but the issue on TVL is the front camera will usually centre on the rear of the train and the rear camera centres on the front.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

I did wonder, whether the camera was focusing on the front of the other loco. I guess the issue is more noticeable on the class 20 where the loco is not the same at each end.

I think you are right about which loco the camera is centred on. Moving the camera focus to the loco you are driving solves the issue. Thanks I had not considered that! It would also explain why the issue went away after coupling to wagons, as that changes what is considered to be the rear of the train.

• Like Like x 1