Class 20

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ducatiant, Jun 18, 2020.

1. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

Hi guys,

I don't post a lot here, my recent posts covering my disappointment with the TSW2 announcement. TBH though I usually just hover around the posts being nosey...

So I wanted to add something positive. I've just bought the Class 20, done a few services and a scenario and credit where credit is due ..it is brilliant. The modelling is spot on, the sounds (those engines!) are incredibly immersive and very well executed and it's just a lovely thing to drive! My new favourite loco, the 31 is a fantastic model and the 20 builds on that quality. The flashing tail lamps on the wagons is a nice touch.

Thank you DTG.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  2. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

YES CLASS 20 IS VERY GOOD TRAIN

3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I share your enthusiasm, it's very well done and I am enjoying driving it. Just a shame the the limestone train only gets to run from Eaglescliffe to Tees Yard and back. Those wagons sound great when they're being shunted too. I wish there was an unloading service to Redcar in the timetable and timetabled runs to Saltburn junction. Unfortunately we're unlikely to see any additions now. Well done all those who worked on the class 20, and thanks.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Trooper117

Trooper117 Active Member

A big well done here as well... enjoying the old girl immensely.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ducatiant

ducatiant Member

The lack of services with the limestone wagons is one of the only two issues I have with it, the other is the AWS bell (how loud is that!).

But other than that love it, anyway else noticed how much clag you get when you open it up from a neutral throttle and the turbos are still spun up... Very impressed.

Ant

• Like Like x 1
  6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying driving this engine, but puzzled about which freight wagons require which brakes: vacuum or air. There's no mention of this in the tutorial or in Cameron Young's welcome but very brief "Class 20 Guide" and DTG seems to have stopped issuing user manuals. Advice, please?

7. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I think that the sounds on the Class 20 are fabulous too. And a lovely 3D model. Really good. Nearly as good as the DB BR 155. ;-)

I think that the Class 20 could become a firm favourite of mine (especially since it is on TVL), but for the dodgy marker lights and discs. Hopefully the lights will get fixed - it's a bit silly that the hotplate is more visible from a distance than the marker lights......

8. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

I am fairly sure that everything (freight) on TVL is air-braked. I have run everything successfully with air brakes.

Vacuum brakes tend to apply to very old coaching stock, and very old open plank wagons and vans (like those on NTP).

• Like Like x 1
  9. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Just like to add to this as well that it is a great addition. Been having a blast with it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

As I am aware only NTP wagons and WSR coaches are vacuum braked. But it should be available as a basic info about every loco, wagon and coach in the game.

• Like Like x 1