Class 37 Enhancement

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by callumlewis280503, Feb 1, 2021.

1. callumlewis280503

callumlewis280503 New Member

Now I’m sure I’m not the only one who thinks this, which you might not, that’s your opinion. However I speak for many people where we would love to see an enhancement pack of the Class 37 locomotive in TSW2.

Comparing it towards The Armstrong powerhouse Class 37 locomotive pack volume 2. (I know it's 37/0's) (I would love to see 37/0's) The 37 in Tsw sounds very unrealistic and if anything sounds very gutless. Sometimes I experiment by going to free camera to hear it, and you can barely hear it from a far distance.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for what dovetail games do for enthusiasts and fans of the railways, and there are positives to the class 37 such as the radiator fan and the brake sounds. However the exhaust visuals and sounds are so unrealistic. Putting the throttle from off to full should sound much greater and powerful than just the standard noises.

Moving onto the horns, It somewhat sounds like no air is going into the horn at all! My friends have said countless of times that the low horn sounds so poor! Especially when thats the standard horn if you are using a controller.

The visuals of the body and nose of the loco could be improved as well. (I know the Custom livery designer is coming soon!) However the look of the Marker light. (The one below the route indicators) is way too dark. If I'm driving on the seaford branch on East coast way during 23:00-5:00 hours. You cannot see the track. And what is Infront of you. The signals are as much as you can see! If you are driving without the speed limits or signals on the HUD. You must take the risk to find out the next speed limit on the speedometer, unless if you have mastered the route of course.

I see no use of antenna wobbles or torque body roll involved in not just the Class 37. I believe I've seen it in the Class 33 whilst on WSR.

The engine start should be improved or alteast modified a bit, due to it sounding the same inside and outside of the cab.

I've also seen this mentioned alot of times in this group, there is not enough consists for the Class 37 locomotive. We cannot run it light engine. Yet with every other loco we can. Where are the coaches from the railtour.

But apart from that, I hope some people from dovetail games see this and will bring this up for development. Of course I don't bring any hate or disrespect towards the company, I know they work very hard. And I hope to more successful products in the future, this has just been on my mind for a very long time. And I believe that I should share. Feel free to share and comment your thoughts.

• Like Like x 1