Class 43 Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Freimarke, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Freimarke

Freimarke New Member

Small but irritating issue with the Class 43.

- No engine sounds after turning off engine and turning back on.
    - Only sound of the engine revving up or down when moving the throttle stick from 0-5, 5-0 before cutting out suddenly.
    - No idle sounds after restarting engine.
    - Activating/deactivating train supply results in a similar situation to the throttle stick after restarting the engine with revving sounds of the engine up/down.

Thanks, Freimarke

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Karl456

Karl456 Member

I've noticed the same, too. Especially the issue with the missing sound after an engine restart (which I perform quite often, e.g. when I'm standing at Paddington and have to wait ten minutes or more until departure) always makes me think that the engines are not turned on, although they are (visible motion of the radiator fans prooves that engine runs). And of course it feels very unreal that there is no idle sound after an engine restart. I haven't recognized the "train supply" issue so far because I usually don't turn train supply on and off a lot. I just turn it on after I've entered the cab and then I let it in this position. But I will try it as soon as possible and report what I found out.
    Thanks so far for the feedback! Let's hope that DTG will notice and fix this bug, too! (Maybe you should open a ticket on the support website, if you haven't already done so?)

3. arapajoe3

arapajoe3 Active Member

I have had the same problem but with class 40 and apparently with one of the liveries. If the brake is set to emergency and when i turn off and start the engine again, the sound disappears. I hope they solve it