1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class 43 Throttles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jacksim234, Jan 21, 2019.

1. jacksim234

jacksim234 New Member

Is anyone having issues on service mode with class 43 hst with the throttle i am and i want to know if anyone knows what to do so basically in the station if i see the class 43 and i want to drive it when its ready to depart i try to use throttle 1 and then 2 and then 3 the train doesn't move but when i use throttle 4 and max it moves does anyone know how i can get the first 3 throttles to move the train

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

First thing to check...
    If your brakes are not fully released you may not be able to move at all so as a test make sure you're on level ground and then notch 1 the power. Check the ammeter to ensure you are actually generating motive power and if you don't slowly start to move then there is a problem.

Do the same for notches 2 and 3.

A lot of times I have this issue I am applying power before the whole train's brakes have released and it's not that the amps aren't there, but that I am being impatient and the brakes are still on somewhere