1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class 44/45/46 'peak' Pack

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by class66fan1, Jun 3, 2018.

1. class66fan1

class66fan1 Member

In my opinion, there is great potential in updating the Class 45 to a more current standard, with the existing addon being somewhat dated and there being no enhancements for it either freeware or from AP.

What I believe could be done is similar to what was accomplished with the Western Hydraulics Pack, bringing many types of loco that are similar to each other and are in need of an update to make them more playable with better features and functionality.

The equivalent here would be making an updated 45 alongside its sister classes, 44 and 46.

The similarities are in their design, liveries, engine and workings.

[​IMG]

Class 44

[​IMG]

Class 45

[​IMG]

Class 46

These locos typically ran on the Midland Main Line, East Coast Main Line and the Settle to Carlisle line.
    As some are preserved, heritage lines such as the West Somerset Railway would also work.

Therefore, there is great scenario potential for each of these routes by including scenarios for all of them.

The sections of the ECML would be Peterborough to York and York to Newcastle.

As for rolling stock, Mk1s in BR Maroon and Blue/grey would be fitting. Maybe going the extra mile by adding special features to these coaches would increase the worth of this pack. Examples of this could be a head out passenger view, opening compartment windows and being able to sit in many different parts of the train, as well as having them be compatible with the AP Mk1 Sound Pack.

For AI purposes, perhaps a DMU such as a 101/117 could be included to liven up scenarios similar to what was done with the 159 pack including a HST as AI only.

It would be great to have both BR Green and BR Blue included with clean and weathered variants.

A suitable thing to add would be the different loco variants (headcode, split headcode etc) to get more variety out of this pack. Here are some pics of these different variants to look into:

[​IMG]
    BR Green - Centre headcode w/ small yellow panel (Class 45,46)

[​IMG]
    BR Green - Centre headcode w/ large yellow panel (Class 45/46)

[​IMG]
    BR Green - Headcode discs w/full green ends (Class 44)

[​IMG]
    BR Green - Headcode discs w/yellow panel (Class 44)

[​IMG]
    BR Green - Split headcode (All locos)

[​IMG]
    BR Green - Full yellow ends (Class 45)

[​IMG]
    BR Blue - Centre headcode w/ small yellow panel (Class 45,46)

[​IMG]
    BR Blue - Centre headcode w/ full yellow ends (Class 45,46)

[​IMG]
    BR Blue - Headcode discs w/ full yellow ends (Class 44)

[​IMG]
    BR Blue - Split headcode (All locos)

[​IMG]
    BR Blue - Full yellow ends (Class 45,46)

Not all of these variants need to be included, any not so I'm sure will be fixed up by the community.

So what do you guys think? Would this be a good idea to invest in? There are many left in preservation so recording sounds wouldn't be hard and I'm sure its in high demand.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Upvote Upvote x 6
  2. Kyle_Lennard1

Kyle_Lennard1 Member

I would definitely buy this if DTG made this providing the sounds and physics are good

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  3. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Just a second. That's eight axles!
    What is that, a Do-Do?
    I love it!

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Active Member

Yes please!
    The outer axles are just there to spread the weight as are those of the EE type 4 (a.k.a Class 40). Unpowered axles are denoted by numerals so they're 1C0-C01.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  5. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

You learn something new every day. Thanks!

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  6. davec

davec New Member

Yes Please, - would definitely buy that!

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  7. Cat

Cat Active Member

+1 for me too, love those early diesels.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  8. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I'd LOVE to have these in TS!!
    Also, for your future proposals, consider making a poll for people to vote. ;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  9. USRailFan

USRailFan Member