Class 47 “air Pass” Light

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TomMatt, Feb 26, 2020.

1. TomMatt

TomMatt New Member

Hi, still relatively new to TSW, taking the Class 47 on NTP and it seems down on power, strange air noise from engine and “Air Pass” warning light illuminated announced right hand door. Any ideas what this is and how to solve it?

THANKS

Attached Files:

2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

That's the brake mode that the locomotive is currently set up for. In this case it is air brakes set to the faster application of passenger timings. If you just own NTP, then it should always be in this mode; if you own the Heavy Freight pack, it should be in Air Goods for the tank wagons and Vacuum Goods for the vans.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The class 47 has been under powered since it came out. We have asked countless times for it to be sorted out but nothing has been done. The sounds need an overhaul too, I get a headache driving it because of the high pitched whistling noise, in fact I don't bother with it any more, I always use the 45 or 40 which pull better and sound great.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Air passenger, vacuum passenger, air goods ,vacuum goods are all the brake types used by various stock on NTP. If you're driving light loco. Its done using the straight brake and the drivers “train” brake set to release.

5. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

the 47 has all the power of a bread van. Judging by the patch notice it hasn't been fixed 'again'.

6. Hordriss

Hordriss Member

I was going to ask about the class 47, as I've been struggling to keep to timetable times with it and I'd wondered if it was something I was doing wrong. I'm guessing it's not now!

Real shame, as I'd always liked this loco back to the days of being a train-obsessed kid back in the 1980's.

7. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

The WSR 47 has the same issue. Just never noticed due to the 25mph line speeds. TrainSim-Matt has driven the ntp 47 on console during one of his streams and knows of the problem. Im sure its being worked on.

8. Hordriss

Hordriss Member

Hopefully you're correct.

9. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

It is a disgrace it has yet to be fixed. Luckily I was a fan of the 45's and that works and I got it to 100 mph, BUT... most of the leeds Manchester scenarios I have tried crash the sim, so f'ed either way.

Edit: We should list those that work so we are not wasting our time, anyone completed a Leeds Manchester in a '45 or (god bless you) a class 47, so named as apparently 47 is it's maximum speed!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  10. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Train Sim World® 2020-02-17 04-47-45.png

Full throttle and speed continue to decrease!!! Lol :(
    Max speed reached in this section, starting from Victoria, it was 7.1 mph