Class N1 2-8-4 Berkshire

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by itstypicalrailfanner16, Nov 8, 2021.

1. itstypicalrailfanner16

itstypicalrailfanner16 Active Member

Okay so there's an NKP Berkshire, but what about an N1 2-8-4 Berkshire? Err, like PM 1225?
    [​IMG]
    Ring any bells now? I knew it would! So errm... An N1 2-8-4 Berkshire right? In order to really improve Train Simulator 2022's Pro range locomotives, you have to be willing to bring back old habits. You've got to resurrect the 1900s where railroading was awesome. Railfanning wasn't just a word that people used to describe people with cameras watching trains. It has to be a word that some guy with a camera in the 1900s came up with when he took his camera, had his knucklehead assistant tag along, and captured unforgettable photos of magnificent steam action. The PRR, The Rio Grande, ATSF, Scotland, Fricso, etc... What's a steam train without a choo-choo? Anybody can say Diesel electric or electric locomotives are superior, but are they really? What happens when the power goes out? What happens when there's no diesel fuel? What happens when an EMP goes off? No diesel electric, no electric locomotives to operate huh? Well that's what steam locomotives are for. They burn oil, coal, wood, anything that's flammable. But that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the legend of Michigan. One of the most interesting and famous passenger excursion steam locomotives. We can't complete our TS22 collection without an N1 2-8-4 Berkshire can we?

2. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

Someone took the Gtrax NKP Berkshire DLC and turned it into a Pere Marquette N1 already, but as is the case with the Gtrax steamers, they're very long in the tooth and ripe for a replacement. I would certainly like to have a modern Van Sweringen Advisory Mechanical Committee 2-8-4 DLC made available for TS, but we'll just have to settle for what we got right now.
    https://www.railworksamerica.com/in...m/228-pere-marquette-berkshire-bonus-download
    [​IMG]