Xbox Clinchfield Loading Coal, Need Some Tips

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by AtherianKing, Nov 14, 2022.

1. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I have 34 wagons loaded of 60 needed to complete the mastery reward tier.

I’m noticing Clinchfield at least by its description on services doesn’t have that many to load coal on.

I’m sure there was one that done loading of a quite a lot before which is how I got to 34 so quick. But I can’t remember which one that was…

I’m wondering which services would get me the 26 wagons loaded i need the fastest ?

2. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

With the scenario "Greenbriar Branch" you should be able to complete your mastery quickly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Thanks, I’ll give that one a try.

4. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

Just be advised that in the Greenbrier scenario on your second tipple one car does not fully load no matter what you do and binds up your scenario so you can’t finish pass that tipple. It will only load to 98/99% and even if you back up to finish it will not fill to 100%.

If it works for you I’d be interested to know because I’ve tried this service three times now and it’s always the same result. So basically I can’t finish it.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Did you try it over the full length of the car or just move it under the loader again, hoping to get the missing coal?

I noticed that the cars are divided into several segments, I do not know exactly how many there are, but let's say there are 4 segments and each segment can hold 25% coal. If you are now missing coal in segment 1, it is not enough to stop with segments 2, 3 or 4 under the loader, it must be the right spot in segment 1 to get the missing coal.

I completed "Greenbriar Branch" on the first try (PC), never was faster than 1.5mph during loading, all cars 100%.
    Either it's a console issue or you were a bit too fast at some point and did not find the correct spot of the missing coal when backing up.

Clinchfield coal.jpg

20221114160916_1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I think there are something like 10 or so segments - and loading one will partially load the ones around it, but you can get to a place where loading at the back will no longer load up any higher, even if the front of the wagon is less than full - so as sequencer2k16 says, make sure the whole wagon is loaded front to back.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. BLRy

BLRy Well-Known Member

I think I did try the whole length of the car again but I honestly don’t remember at this point. I will try the scenario again this week and post an update. Generally I keep the speed between 1 & 2.5 without loading issues. Going downhill it’s a challenge. It’s just always been the one car. Thanks guys for the pointers. I’ll redo this and report back.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022