PlayStation Clinchfield Railroad Performance

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by fabienlimp95, Apr 14, 2021.

1. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

First of all: I know the PS4 isn't a PC and of course I don't expect it to run 60fps or more all the time! And so far I'm really impressed with CRR, the locos, wagons and scenery are just beautiful! It gives a really nice atmosphere and I'm enjoying being on there and have one of the long services.

With Trains about 50 Wagons, and 1500 Tonnes, the performance is pretty decent, yeah it's not fully smooth but still playable.

It really starts 'falling apart' with the big ones, 60 Wagons or more + heavy weight + a steep gradience let the Frames drop down to estimated 10-15 FPS. This is way beyond what is enjoyable and playable (in my eyes)

After Sand Patch Great I expected the Game to handle bigger trains way smoother.

There is, as we know, a core update coming and I hope it bring the things needed for this Route, to give it the final touch it deserves.

2. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

I feel the same. After some time you get used to low but constant fps, but 10-15 fps is definitely too low, especially while looking around inside the cockpit. On Sand Patch Grade I used to uncouple a dozen cars, just to improve the framerate :D Unless you have to uncouple the helper, you can even complete the service!

• Like Like x 1