Clinchfield Railroad(ts Coal Only)?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Nov 9, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The TS version of clinchfield railroad is shown to be major mover of coal,which is fine but can a good frieght route be built with just one commodity to ship?It was stated some TS routes where being used to help build routes for tsw2(because covid19 limits dtg and others from researching routes in person)This is a good idea they can save alot of time route building this way.I have looked this route up and if they set it in the 80's like the TS version,we might get something tsw hasn't offical had in the game yet a US caboose.(And yes i know there are 2 cabooses in the sand patch grade route but there not useable there just railside displays)But this shows that dtg known how to build'um.

2. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Is this a setup thread for the numerous ones your going to post to see if you want to buy the route??

• Like Like x 5
  3. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The Clinchfield hauled regular freight on the line too, this is represented in the TS2020 version of the route, so not sure how you got the assumption that only coal is hauled on the line.
    CCO-03.jpg
    682402062i584oo386oejth67789390.jpg

4. SHINO BAZ

This if a future route and i ask a question,simple.as for buying it or not i'll have wait and see how this route ends up,as we all know new dtg routes are normally issused filled at launch.I'm really beginning to wonder whats the point of comning here when others nitpick a person about every single thing they say.I come here to discuss tsw topics and current and future tsw content.

5. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Now now, no need to get defensive, for like you i asked a simple question, so it would seem you can't take simple questions fired back at you dude........

• Like Like x 2
  6. SHINO BAZ

No,i'm aware that this route shipped other commodities but if dtg is useing the TS version as there guide which is fine,the steam page details of this route showed only coal being hauled,so i wondered if thats all it might be.

I just saw non coal in the above piture,funny i don't remember that picture on the steam page,maybe theres hope,we all know dtg are experts a recycling rolling stock.

The one thing the TS version has that the TSW2 won't is the GP7 high nose,god thats a great loco.but the f7 A/B units will be great ,i want to make the silver/red santa fe units.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  7. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that there are two different teams (One team for TS1. One Team for TSW) working in Dovetail. So while it's the same route that's from TS1. Doesn't mean it's gonna use the same reference or resource (or re-used resource that is) for the TSW2 version.

And it may be from a different era as well. Since the CRR from TS1 represents the early 1980s (Before Seaboard System). While yes it does have the GP7s and F7s (with the SD40s and GP38s) included, realistically, they were both retired before 1980.

And since the TSW2 version is gonna include the F7 and the SD40. My bet for this route is gonna be sometime in the '70s. But that's my thought as Dovetail ain't no stranger to making their routes semi-fictional. Especially when it comes to the locomotives and Rolling Stocks like the TS1 Version.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  8. SHINO BAZ

Well at the very least no matter what engines and rollingstock end up on this route,the off the rails mode and senairo editor will still allow extra options either way.

9. Easilyconfused

Easilyconfused Well-Known Member

It absolutely is possible to have a route with only a freight commodity if that is what floats your boat.

Years back there was an MSTS route available on CD from UKTS - Mid East England. That came with a number of activities (scenarios) but I never played any of the passenger ones preferring to stick to the MGR coal trains in the area. I played each of those activities many times and as many downloadable ones from the UKTS library that I could find for MGR coal traffic. I even cloned the supplied activities to add more AI traffic to slow the coal trains down.

After maybe a year of running MGR coal I did try some of the other activities but still kept coming back to the coal trains that never slept so they could keep up with the demands of the power stations in the area.

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Wrong forum!!!

11. SHINO BAZ

If your going to post something like that,then give a reason as well,because know one else has stated this.
    You know what your two word post comes off surprisingly unsettling,like you are so offend by post or something in my post that you can't contain yourself.I'm sure if it's in the wrong forum a mod would have said something by now.

This is off topic,just what forum should be in?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Are you saying it shouldn’t be in TSW forum (which it should) or it shouldn’t be in Off Topic sub forum (which it can be) because it’s actually a thread discussing whether the TSW2 version of the route will be like the TS version.

• Like Like x 2
  13. fizpix

fizpix Well-Known Member

I know that CSX runs mixed it is one of the few that supplies customers from Kentucky to south Carolina but I don't know for sure I know about 4 days ago WLOS based in asheville did something with footage of mixed freight it was going through spruce pine and had mixed going south they were talking about snow

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021