Clinchfield Release Date

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ILied, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Maybe we will see them tomorrow with an update prior to CRR release.

2. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

There is a list somewhere, but it's not in full detail. When the update actually drops and the patch notes are released, we will know. But from what we know so far, the two bigger improvements are passenger information displays on stations and audio fixes for the M3 and M7. The rest are a bunch of smaller fixes.

3. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

TSW2 skies for LIRR

4. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

I think this is very likely, they’d obviously reuse the ACS-64 for Amtrak Northeast Regional services, a new train, the Acela, would make its debut, and for NJT we need one loco and one cab car, which would most likely be the F40PH-2CAT since DTG likes to reuse old locos they’ve already made, and another rail vehicle would be included, probably the comet cab cars and coaches. But then again we could have an Amtrak only route, then an NJT dlc, with possibility of CSX freight coming from SPG locomotives. But the first option would be the one that would make everyone flock to get their paychecks deposited.:)

5. MetrolinkF125#916

Or maybe they’d make an electrified NJT loco, since the route would be electrified, possibly the ALP-46 due to its similarity with one of the German locos currently being worked on, and the comet cars would go along with it.

6. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I think they would do ACS64 + ALP46 or ALP45DP and their respective cars for base DLC and Acela later as a loco add-on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Now it got me thinking... Amtrak was created on 1st May 1971... could they be preparing a surprise release for that soon from now? 50 years anniversary route?

• Like Like x 3
  8. MetrolinkF125#916

So now, we can understand why...

Amtrak is the only American railroad in rail fest besides NJ transit.

9. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Ok, alright. In what evidence do you two (Metrolink, Monder) think that Amtrak and NJT will both be on the next route together (Which I may find highly doubtful from the past in TS1). Because right now, it's sounding more like speculations at this point than what's coming next on the roadmap soon.
    And don't say because of the railfan fest either since no one else, other than Dovetail themself, is gonna be relatively talking about TSW2/TS1 in their schedule. After all, there is more in that festival than just Train Sim topics.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  10. MetrolinkF125#916

Yes, but TSW2 is going to make an appearance at railfest, and they (DTG) said that they’ll talk about “some of the exciting releases coming this year” and Amtrak and NJT are the only American railroads on railfest, which leads us to speculate that they might make their debut in TSW, but, until DTG says it themselves, nothing is official. Anyways, there’s no roadmap update on the 6th, which is tomorrow, so that means DTG will at least announce something at railfest.

11. Challenger3985

While it may be a coincidence to you. But I've seen their schedule for the fest, and iirc from JD on discord:
    Capture.PNG
    And as for the Sunday section containing 'TSW2 - New Journey', who knows what that'll be for sure (but if so, my bet would be on the Core Update that's for later this year. But thinking about it, 30mins seems too short to summarized that). So here's to see what awaits for this weekend indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  12. space_ace96

space_ace96 Active Member

It could be just an amtrak route, but any NJT route out of Penn must contain Amtrak, if not at launch, as a later DLC. NY Penn, Newark Penn, and Newark Airport are all both NJT and Amtrak stops. Amtrak NE regional and Acela services make up a good amount of the traffic on that corridor. If they only do one of those, I fear it will be the same mistake (imo) they made with LIRR, only including trains from that one line, making one of the nation's busiest sections of track feel like a ghost town. If NJT is in, I doubt it will be ALP45DP unless they plan on NJCL for example because if they only do an electric line, there's no reason to model a train with power changeover. They'd either have to code it and not use it, or make it non-functioning and face a part of the community's wrath for not making every function...well...function.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Challenger3985

Also forgot to mention, you'll maybe surprised for tomorrow (or in the morning, either way):
    Capture.PNG
    While that was posted ironically on the 1st. But then again:
    Capture2.PNG

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

If they do announce anything for TSW2 it has to be at that, nothing else really make sense to do so at. Maybe with a slight chance it could happen at the Sim Gaming Panel, but I think that's more likely to be something similar to the roadmap streams.
    Disagree that it's too short, typically even the big updates don't take a ton of time to explain the basics. They could easily detail the basics of the core update, if anything a new route would take way longer to talk about than a core update.
    The same arguments could've been made towards LIRR & NEC New York, but neither of those had any sort of outsider passenger traffic. They still have performance and dispatcher issues to deal with after all. Also TS Classic gave them separate routes, so that further support the idea they'd be separate.

Also think about how much stock they'd have to make. They'd need to rework all the Amtrak stock, likely some of the CSX freight cars as well, and make at least one complete NJ Transit set. Also if they do another Amtrak route I have a feeling DTG aren't going to skip over the Acela given the High Speed focus they have at the moment. I strongly doubt we'll see a route containing both, maybe one route for each, but even that I doubt, I think we'll only be seeing one or the other in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

It is definitely just a wild guess, but NEC definitely has to make a return, besides they have assets and trains they can use. (Say what you want about TSW NEC, ACS:64 was pretty well made.) And going south of NYP would add the busiest part of the route compared to the kind of weird section in TSW with NYP in the middle (though the freight trains were cool). And what better time to make a new Amtrak route than now with the anniversary. You can advertise the heck out of it together with Amtrak.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Challenger3985

Can't argue with that since they don't talk about the core mechanics as much as opposed to everything else (routes/locos/etc.) anyways. Wasn't think about that at the time.

And if I remember correctly (from looong ago, not sure how accurate that is now), not only the route itself (NEC NY) would have to be remade from scratch but also the locos and rolling stocks (including the ACS-64) from it as well. Hence why no GP40 (from the old SPG) or SW1000R add-on made it to the Preserve Collection in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That is very well possible, but I think there's way less work needed to get the loco back than the whole route. NEC was a buggy mess on many fronts.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MetrolinkF125#916

The roadmap has nothing new except that clinchfield has moved to next arrival. If DTG were to announce something new at railfest, due to the timing and demand, it would most likely be a remake of NEC, hopefully NYP-Trenton, with Acela services as well as Amtrak NE regional services hauled by the ACS-64. I think the most likely introduction to NJ transit for TSW would be a loco dlc for this new Amtrak route, with an ALP-46 and comet cars being the likely candidates. Later on they might decide to make another NJT line, maybe the north jersey coast line, and there we’d see an F40PH-2CAT (we already have it in Peninsula Corridor) and ALP-45DP+ Bombardier Bi-levels, doing the full line run, kinda how the SEHS timetable is made, one flagship train running the whole route, and one reused train running on only one section of it.

19. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

So what time (UK) do we reckon this will be available to download/play tomorrow?

• Like Like x 1
  20. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Clinchfield had been added to mastery.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  21. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

My freind in Germany is saying it goes live at 1am EU time,so im gonna stay up for this Midnight launch Cant Wait for the Legendary CRR in the UK

22. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I’m getting a .... .. (well very excited).

• Like Like x 2
  23. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

If you're playing on PC, don't bother waiting up. It'll likely be available at 6pm Thurs, just like it always is.

24. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Really? I have never had any routes in Mastery except the three default ones (SPG, Bakerloo, SKA)

25. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Steam operates on US Pacific time. So PC doesn't get new stuff for some hours after the console stores (which are pegged to UTC)

26. Oli R C

Oli R C Member

I know. Which is typically 6pm, UK time, which is where cspencer553.cs indicated he is.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Is it the damn Christmas market again? :D

• Like Like x 1
  28. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

Clinchfield has been added to mastery and it is 6pm uk time 8th april

• Like Like x 1