Clinchfield Rr And Raildriver Notch Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by donjgatlin, Apr 9, 2021.

1. donjgatlin

donjgatlin New Member

Played both the F7 and SD40 today with the raildriver, and I'm less than thrilled with the raildriver implementation. My raildriver misses notches and skips them. I can run Idle, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 but it won't let me go into 1, 3, 6. The same issue happens when I'm in B for dynamic, and it results in less ability to control the train. Anyone else having this issue? I know on the AC44/Dash 8 occasionally it would miss a notch, but it's not this bad.

2. donjgatlin

donjgatlin New Member

Fixed - Disregard. If anyone else has this issue, its a PI issue. The spring under the throttle simply needs to be played with and nudged so that it's not as stiff.

• Like Like x 2
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you figured out your problem. I was just going to comment my throttle is working OK, need to fiddle a bit, but can hit all 8 notches.

4. donjgatlin

donjgatlin New Member

I'm not sure if it's a coding thing, or just hardware. But both aren't exactly the best all around. I was using the joystick program for TS2017 to run the Searchlight CP AC4400's and idle is actually like setup for DB on the raildriver. I think it would have been a better product if they'd just notched it. Most people use an 8 notch locomotive with them.

5. Cotax

Cotax Well-Known Member

Can you tell me, how exactly did you do it? I have the same problem, the sd40 is almost unplayable. I also feel the spring “stopping” my throttle lever.