Cologne S Bahn Expansion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by siljocro, May 26, 2022.

1. siljocro

siljocro Member

In this Thread I will be suggesting 2 DLCs for the Cologne S-Bahn with 2 Lines per DLC.
    I think both of these Routes would be a Great Expansion for the Cologne S-Bahn, as the one in the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen is boring even with the New Journeys Expansion as the S-Bahn is just a Repaint of the Munich one.
    So, lets get into it.

This Thread has 5 Sections:
    1. S12+S19 Expansion DLC
    2. New S6+S11 Lines DLC
    3. Maybe some Extras?
    4. Rolling Stock
    5. Final Thoughts

1. S12+S19 Expansion DLC
    So the S12 and S19 already exist, but they are on a very boring Part of the Line. Driving around from Cologne Main Station to Düren isnt that much of a Scenic Route and you don't see too much from the beautiful City of Cologne, but this suggestion would change it all. I am suggesting the around 41km Route from Cologne Main Station to Blankenberg (Sieg). This Route would not only expand the existing Line, but would also add a lot more Scenery and you could enjoy the City of Cologne by driving on the other side of the Rhine. This would also add on to the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen as there would be another stop for the ICE Services in Siegburg/Bonn. Alternatively you could also end the Line at Siegburg/Bonn if the 41km to Blankenberg is too much. The distance from the Main Station to Siegburg/Bonn is around 30km.

The S12 would stop at the following Stations:
    K. Hauptbahnhof-K. Messe/Deutz-K. Trimbornstraße-K.Airport/Businesspark-K. Steinstraße-Porz (Rhein)-Porz-Wahn-Spich-Troisdorf-Siegburg/Bonn-Hennef(Sieg)-Hennef im Siegbogen-Blankenberg(Sieg)
    The S19 would stop at the following Stations:
    K. Hauptbahnhof-K. Messe/Deutz-K. Trimbornstraße-K. Frankfurter Straße-Köln/Bonn Flughafen-Porz -Wahn-Spich-Troisdorf-Siegburg/Bonn-Hennef(Sieg)-Hennef im Siegbogen-Blankenberg(Sieg)

[For Rolling Stock go to 4. Rolling Stock]

[​IMG]

2. New S6+S11 Lines DLC
    Now something new, I will be suggesting the S6 from Köln Worringen to Köln Mülheim, and the S11 from Köln Worringen to Bergisch Gladbach. The drive with the S6 will take you around 21km and the drive with the S11 will take you around 30km. This is also a great Route as it takes you through the Heart of Cologne with a few underground stations like Köln Chorweiler, and then all the way over the Rhine River to Bergisch Gladbach.

The S6 would stop at the following Stations:
    K. Worringen-K. Blumenberg-K. Chorweiler Nord-K. Chorweiler-K.Volkhovener Weg-K. Longerich-K.Geldernstr./Parkgürtel-K. Nippes-K. Hansaring-K. Hauptbahnhof-K. Messe/Deutz-K. Buchforst-K. Mülheim
    The S11 would stop at the following Stations:
    K. Worringen-K. Blumenberg-K. Chorweiler Nord-K. Chorweiler-K.Volkhovener Weg-K. Longerich-K.Geldernstr./Parkgürtel-K. Nippes-K. Hansaring-K. Hauptbahnhof-K. Messe/Deutz-K. Buchforst-K. Mülheim-K. Holweide-K. Dellbrück-Duckerrath-Bergisch Gladbach

[For Rolling Stock go to 4. Rolling Stock]

[​IMG]

3. Maybe some Extras?
    You could also include the Cargo Station Köln Gremberg and maybe add some Cargo Lines, but im not really sure.

[​IMG]

4. Rolling Stock
    BR423 (2nd to 5th Generation or Build Series idk how its called)

So for the Lines S11, S12, and S19 I would suggest the BR423 (2nd to 5th Generation), why 2nd to 5th Generation? Because they have a different Sound and that would make them different to the ones in the Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg. Down here will be a Video of the sound of the 2nd to 5th Generation.
    [​IMG]

2nd to 5th Generation at 0:52

BR422
    This one would be exclusive to the S6 Line as it is the only Train that operates on this Line it also wouldnt be hard just put in the 422 with the S-Bahn Rhein-Ruhr livery as it already exists in the Game and the S6 Line is operated by the S-Bahn Rhein-Ruhr.

[​IMG]

BR420
    So last but not least is the BR420, it woule be on the Lines S12 and S19 as that is where it operates IRL, you could also add the BR420 as a separate DLC but I think you should get it with the S12 and S19 Route.

[​IMG]

5. Final Thoughts
    I think these 2 DLCs would be a Game Changer, it would replace the boring S12 and S19 Lines that we have Right Now, it would add a lot more scenery and a lot more fun. You could explore the City of Cologne instead of leaving it within a few Stations in the Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen.

• Like Like x 17
  2. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

100% agree with this

• Like Like x 4
  3. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

I would buy it for shure

• Like Like x 1
  4. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

what would the price be

• Like Like x 1
  5. siljocro

siljocro Member

As every other DLC 20-30 Euros

6. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I would rather like the idea of expending the normal route including the S-Bahn for example Cologne-Duisburg or Cologne-Frankfurt, these routes include the full S Bahn lines and wouldn't be a single s Bahn line that isn't as long like a normal Hauptstrecke, that's why I really liked the mix of Hauptstrecke and S Bahn in RRO, HRR and maybe also including München/Augsburg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this would be great. Could bring back the x-Wagen with 143 or 111 too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3