Confused With Pzb

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Bamz2317, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Hi i own both rsn and msb, Im problem is what is the blue number for in the left circle? On msb it says 70 so what does it mean. I also keep getting a red s all of a suddon, then the train comes to a halt. I have read the manual for both routes but it doesn't explain pzb much. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. WiSchmo

WiSchmo Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

The 70 tells you what type of train you are running and therefore what speeds you can go under various conditions. In the manual there is a handy guide showing those blue numbers which then further down the guide tells you what that means in speeds for that train.

I didn't use PZB for the longest time because I thought it was complicated but then I taught myself in about one full run of MSB by keep cross referencing the manual as I went. Now I won't run a service without PZB on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

If you are getting stopped at the beginning constantly, it may be because you are in the restricted mode which means that your speed is restricted to 45km/h for a passenger train, 35km/h for semi-heavy and 25km/h for heavy. If you go over the 45km/h limit you will be stopped immediately. This will be indicated by 70/85 indicator flashing constantly. It will stop flashing eventually, as you move away from the restricted area, then you should be able to get to the full speed.

The easiest way to control your speed on the German routes is to use AFB and set it to 40km/h (for the passenger) and then increase the limit when you are allowed to do so. Only applies to locos that actually have AFB, of course.

You should also be able to release the PZB but that will only happen deeper into the route from my experience, but never when leaving the station (you just have to wait in this case).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

Thanks guys