Consist Creator/editor For The Scenario Creator.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BritishRail60062, Apr 1, 2022.

1. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Hello DTG and everyone else for that matter.
    I would like to make a suggestion for the possibility of having a Consist Creator/Editor for the Scenario Creator tool because with the recently added community hub. This will allow for some interesting user created scenarios to add consists with variations. I will give an example here.

Let's say we have a reskin of the AC4400CW or the Dash 8-40CW in the Amtrak livery and we want to use it with some Amfleets or a reskin of the Caltrain Bi-Level cars that someone repainted into Amtrak California livery. Instead of the usual F40PH at the front/back. We would have the option to click "Change Locomotive" or "Add Locomotive/Wagon" if we wanted to add the Dash 8 to the front or back of the Caltrain consist.

Not only will this allow use to make unique consists for our custom scenarios. It will allow more use of the limited lengths for train formations that would be otherwise locked out for us to use. We would also make custom consists for those locations with length restrictions such as 2x AC4400CW with 20 tankers instead of 40 wagons would allow this train to be used in the lower train length allowances.

I know there is a third party tool available already but it is cumbersome and its not easy to use for newcomers into the TSW2 world as where if/when DTG do add a consist builder/editor. It would make the ability to add/edit and make consists with custom formations a whole lot easier :)..

Thanks for reading and I hope that DTG will take this into consideration.