PC Consistant Derailment Issue In Db G6 Service G6-sh06

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by LastTrainToClarksville, Dec 10, 2021.

1. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

This service begins with coupling to two separate racks of empty Sggmrcs (container) wagons. The next instruction is to drive forward to a specified destination, but before that destination can be reached the train derails, ending the service. Yes, I carefully checked the path ahead for correct switch setting. I've tried restarting the session several times, but the session-ending derailment always occurs at the same spot.

Due to the obviously abrupt nature of the derailment, I've yet to figure out a way to capture the moment with a screenshot.

2. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Already known issue and already fixed internally. Needs QA testing first and then a release for sure. Since this issue appears to the route itself, the fix will come with a release of the route, not the G6 DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

After reading your message, Maik, I decided to do a bit of experimenting. The derailment occurs as the train begins to pass over an automatic switch that is set to the left position. Were it set to the right, it would lead into a short derailment track. When pulling the wagons, the train cannot pass this point without derailing. However, when I tried uncoupling the wagons and driving very slowly (between 1.5 and 2 KM/hour), the engine shuddered a bit as it passed that point, but was able to continue past it without derailing.

I hope this information may be of some help.

4. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

As Maik Goltz said, the issue is already known and apparently fixed internally. The culprit was not the switch, but the container cars colliding with the buffer stop to the right in direction of travel.

5. LastTrainToClarksville

If this "issue" has been "fixed internally", why does the derailment still occur? I can easily believe that the buffer stop is the cause of the problem, but isn't moving it DTG's responsibility? If so, this service will remain unplayable until the Rhein-Ruhr Osten route is patched -- and we're all familiar with how long DTG is willing to let something like this drag out.
    That still leaves one question completely unaddressed: did anyone with TSG or DTG test drive these activities? Evidently not this one, at least.

6. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Because it‘s fixed internally, not on our end yet (externally, if you will). Anyways, I‘m not here to discuss and/or defend whatever testing may or may not have taken place. I just wanted to let you know what the reason for the issue is before you invest more time investigating the switch.

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

It was definitely tested an worked fine. But it seems the game itself on the users side has still some differences to the version where i can test the stuff. We speak about some mm of collision box size difference. I was aware of the problem but it was never a problem so it let in the service as it is. The only other solution would have been to delete this and the service after it at all.

8. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Interestingly enough, I had absolutely no problem finishing this service, nor any other services that came with this addon:cool: