Console Controls

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ixofxiii, Jun 9, 2020.

1. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

I noticed a lot of suggestions on Controls available on PC but not on console and I think I may have a solution for one of them. Idk if it's possible but it doesn't hurt to suggest it.
    Many of us on consoles would like the ability to remove the HUD from the screen but don't have a keyboard to do so. How about adding a selection to remove the hud from inside the options menu. Like with all the other markers when you pause the game. I personally like to only use what's shown on the top of the screen. For track speed limits on the LIRR, there's a display on the console to show the track speed on both the M3 and M7 but I've only seen it lit up on the M3 before turning the master key on. This too, could be added for increased realism for those of us who would like it to be as realistic as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

If you have a keyboard then plug it in. If not then, no because well a controller doesn't have enough buttons/triggers.:)

3. ixofxiii

Well a lot of ua don't have one, hence why I suggested having the temovalnof the setting an an option in the options menu since the controllers don't have enough buttons.
    It seems like you didn't fully read thre post and replied with a cut and paste response. I never said anything about putting it on a button, which everyone suggests, but having it as a options feature, like removing the stop markers and signal markers, which could be possible. It's not just a feature suggestion but also an option on how to implement it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TrainSim_Fan

Not a nice tea today then. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Perhaps consider the way your post was written, it's not clear.

5. ixofxiii

You're right. It seems to be that kind of day.
    But I did write "How about adding a selection to remove the hud from inside the options menu.". Idk how much clearer that could be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TrainSim_Fan

Yeah removing the hud from the options menu would work and should make the experience more immersive.

7. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

The idea of being able to remove all HUD clutter by adding this capability to the options menu would work of course, and what you wrote about that makes perfect sense to me.

Personally, I’m using a small foldable BT keyboard with my PS4 that lets me turn off/on all HUD clutter using the F1 function key. I also get to make use of many of the other keyboard commands with my PS4 that work when running the sim on a PC with a PC keyboard. Choices are always a personal thing... do what works best for you.

8. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I believe that what you are referring to is the ATC (see below image).
    upload_2020-7-13_15-4-17.png
    The ATC is separate to the line speed. This is a speed limit that can change to give lower/higher speeds than the line speed, depending on what aspect the signal is showing. The driver should obey whichever speed is lower.

9. ixofxiii

Oh this I know. Thanks, but I'm usually the one explaining ATC to others. Lol. What I was specifically referring to is the track speed display just to the right of the "65" and "60". You'll actually may see one lit up displaying "00" when you begin to operate an M3 and it's lit until you turn the master key to "on". This is suppose to display your track speed (the red line in the hud).
    But seriously, it's good to know there are plenty here to help and explain. Awesome!