Contact Dispatch/signaller For Sos And Ntp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by redrev1917, Jan 26, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Whilst watching some old BR train videos on YouTube it occurred to me that in order to contact the signaller, the driver would need to step out of his cab and use the telephone box at the signal. I really hope that this is implemented on SoS and is also something Adam could look at for adding to NTP.

• Like Like x 1
  2. redrev1917

Also I assume the same or similar could be used on Clinchfield, although admittedly I aren't up to speed on how NA engineers would contact the dispatch prior to mobile technology

3. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

There are lots of telephones by signals that let you contact the signaller in some of the newer routes so it is defiantly possible, I've added a picture of SEHS outside the cab on foot of this working. I do expect this will be added to SOS, and hopefully on NTP if prototypical :)
    SEHS.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

True, even the bakerloo line is full of them. When i discovered them i thought what a nice detail.

5. Wolfovizer

Wolfovizer Well-Known Member

I completely forgot it was on Bakerloo, it seems it is probably a core feature on routes that have phones irl :)

6. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

The US was rather less old-fashioned in the '70s. Every loco had a radio, and CRR had used centralized signal control since the 1950s.

In fact, one element left out of TSW's US operations, except a couple of the Sand Patch scenarios, is the near-constant radio chatter. In RL, engineers are supposed to report every signal as they pass, in addition to requesting and relinquishing track warrants.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. redrev1917

I certainly would love more radio chatter and having to report signals and request track warrants would certainly add to the immersion greatly.