PC Container Colours Change Magically (sandpatch)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Rudolf, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

This is an old issue. If you use camera 2 and you move between the front and rear of the train, the containers change colour.
    Also I noticed, that the camera is not always picking op the train, it acts then like the free camera. This is a new issue.

Both images are from the same train and the same drive. It may not be the most urgent thing to fix, but the underlying problem may have more issues. I think this is a nice technical challenge for Adam Lucas new team ..
    :)

20200826140626_1.jpg 20200826140642_1.jpg

2. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Hi Rudolf, does this happen every time you use the route? try using different scenarios or timetables to see if it does the same.

3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reaction and welcome, Jamie!. It is not the first time I see this. At the moment I just was curious if this issue still existed, so I deliberately checked for it. What happens in game there is a randomiser that sets the colours of the containers (more things are randomized), but then of course you need to remember when a drive starts what you did choose. That seems not to work. properly or is not implemented.

I do not think I will put a lot of effort checking all services for this type of bugs. It is not the first time I see it and I am willing to help solving it, but I will do so if you actually intend to solve the issue. In general, I spend quite a lot of time writing bug reports and make them accurate. I played TSW2020 for over 1500 hours, so I think I know how it works and what is a real issue and what is not. This one is not very urgent, but it may affect a lot of routes. Thai is why I report it now.,. If I feel the need to do an additional verification, I will do so or replay a service but in this case I do not think this adds anything useful.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thanks, I'll add it to the list for further investigation. If you do happen to notice a similar effect happening elsewhere please let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BigH

BigH Active Member

On PS4pro some waggons looked like they are beeing "teleported". Noticed it only on external camera and they sorted themself out quickly.

6. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

When go from the rear external cam to the in-cab camera, I get the strange free cam thing. It only fixes when I tap 1 to enter the in-cab camera a second time.