Containers!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swisstrains, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So this one is for the german route fans here ;D

At this point, we have one type of container wagons: the (I think so) Sggrss double container wagon with the two 40” containers from “Hamburg-Süd” and “Hapag-Lloyd”, and we will probably see the new ONE containers in white and pink, 40”…

And that’s the point on this thread; we will take a look at the different types of wagons that could make it to the game, and what might be possible with the licenses we have got:

THE WAGGONS
    So at this point (as already mentioned) we only have got one type of waggon, which is a six axle double container wagon. But if you take a look at some german freight trains, you will see there are also many four axle freight container wagons. These ones would be awesome, cause they make the trains way more interesting. I’m thinking of the Sgnss or Sggns(s).

Another waggon that would be awesome is the Sdggmrss six axle wagon. This one is also used for truck trailers; in germany these international trains are often mixed: Some containers, some trailers.

THE COLOURFUL BOXES
    We will have some very nice variation when the ONE containers are available, but only in colours. And that’s the point: There are many different types of containers:
    We have got:
    40”

What is common:
    40”
    20”
    45”
    35”

(“=feet”)

High cube containers and tanktainers would also make a huge difference, and there are some tanktainers with no logo at all, which would avoid the licensing problem.

Additions are welcome ;)

So as you might have noticed in this thread: There is a huge amount of possibilities with containers, especially with the size of them.
    I would suggest two possible ways for the containers to make it into the game:

1. An update of the containers:
    Add some different sizes of the containers with the licenses we got, and make sure that there is space in between some containers, because this is very realistic.

2. An loco add on
    I’m thinking of the Br193 “Vectron” that would make an awesome addition as well, or the Br187 by skyhookgames: The wagon for this add on would be a four axle Sgnss, sggns(s) or the 6 axle Sdggmrss with tanktainers. If you purchase this add on, the tanktainers would also appear on the other six axle wagons and the containers on the four axle ones.

And before we end this thread: Here are a few pictures:
    Sggrss
    upload_2021-8-26_10-56-13.jpeg

Sdggmrss
    upload_2021-8-26_10-56-52.jpeg

Sgnss
    upload_2021-8-26_10-57-6.jpeg

Sggns(s)
    upload_2021-8-26_10-57-16.jpeg

Tanktainers
    upload_2021-8-26_10-57-25.jpeg
    (These Tanktainers are also available in 20” and 40”)

These pictures are not mine!
    I didn’t put in any pictures of the normals containers, because they are what we have in game; just shorter.

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  2. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

I second this. As I am a fan of contemporary freight trains I also would appreciate to see more of this type of train in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So, I made a small mistake… I had a wander around the port of Aschaffenburg today and noticed that there were also 20” containers! So they are in the game, and only have to be added to the waggons!

4. JellyScrub

JellyScrub Active Member

Anything that adds more variety I'm down for!

• Like Like x 1