Continue Journey Issue

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by stujoy, Nov 6, 2019.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

After playing a service or scenario from Journey Mode the "Continue Journey" option always takes you to the first uncompleted service in the list rather than the one after the service you have just played.

When there is a bugged service that can't be completed, this is always the service "Continue Journey" will take you to, as I have found out on MSB. This makes the "Continue Journey" option useless and to actually continue your journey you have to go through several clicks back to the main menu and forwards again until you can manually select the service you wish to play.

It's also an issue if, for some reason, you don't want to do one service in the list, or there's one you can't complete, it will continually take you to that service no matter what service you have played. In LIRR there is a service that I just can't do (I will go back to at some point), but "Continue Journey" insists that I play it next. Back to the main menu for me after every part of the journey.

Could "Continue Journey" not just take you to the actual next service in the list, irrespective of any unfinished ones further up the list? I think it should.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I agree that it's annoying where there are broken services like on MSB, but I think the whole point of the Journey is that you follow through the path it's set out for you - like on GWE you start out with the Networker, then graduate to the HST, then it adds freight, and chapter 4 - Mainline Driver is a mix of them all.

Would all be far less stressful if there weren't broken ones!

3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Id rather hoped that the journey mode might have been almost a roster based system where you are on either earlies or lates. Im finding it hard to see how its radically different to timetable mode. Jouney mode could have had an actual roster to adhere to, and with working screens in stations made the change of services, positioning etc much more immersive..
    Heres hoping..

4. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

Why were the broken services not taken out or better still fixed before the 2020 update?
    Many of those services were known issues long before the 2020 update and in NTP as long ago as January.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Journey mode is quite good as it selects a variety of services to go along with the scenarios and puts you in weather conditions that you may not have chosen yourself. For me it's just "Continue Journey" doesn't do what it says if for any reason one selection is missed out.

I had already done all the tutorials (and most scenarios) before even looking at journey mode, so started journey mode from part way down the list (mainly just after the tutorials). "Continue Journey" kind of forced me to do the tutorials again (see Mastery for having to do them a third time).

I wanted to miss out a few scenarios I had already done that I could not complete, or were boring, and "Continue Journey" insisted I do them again. I have caved in and done the ones I can.

And now I come across several bugged service that "Continue Journey" always takes me to. There is no way out of that one. So it is also broken for everyone using it.

Having the feature play the next service in the journey list instead of the very first uncompleted one would cover all those bases.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Well, the question of why broken things are left broken is one we would all like an answer to. Putting known broken services into journey mode is just sloppy.

• Like Like x 4