Copying Xbox One Game Saves To Usb?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Kadilavunye, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Kadilavunye

Kadilavunye New Member

Hello everyone,,,,
    I am trying to back up my Xbox One game saves onto a flash drive. However, when I go to Settings > System > Storage, it will only let me back up the ENTIRE game (all 64.8gb etc.) of any one game. I cannot figure out how to select only the save files. Is this possible? I have a large enough flash drive to hold all the game saves, but not large enough to back up ten entire games. Please help in any way you can. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Not near my Console to see if you can just copy the gamesaves, but are you sure its necessary?

If your Console is connected with the Internet regulary, even without the paid Xbox Live Membership, your Gamesaves are synced with the Cloud. If you get a new Console, delete the game and Savegame on your Xbox, they will sync back once you start the game again.

You can see if you go to: My Games & Apps->Select a game->press the option button->Manage Game if you can backup the save there.

3. Ken

Ken New Member

As far as I know, you can not backup game saves to usb on the XBox One. That is a consequence of people modifying saves on the XBox 360 which then introduced things into games that shouldn't have been there. To stop that type of thing (cheating) from happening on XBox One, they save your game saves to the cloud, which will be reloaded onto your XBox when/if the need arises.