Core Feature - Running Sounds

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by montes_1234, Oct 29, 2021.

1. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

In tsw it is in general that the running sounds and wind sounds are too quiet or missing completely. Just how bad is rro 422 when you cut the power there is no sound at all even if you open windows. Real immersion breaking. I think that the runing sounds should be at least core feature as should the sounds of wind when running with opened windows. Than just make running sounds louder or a bit quiter for different locos, but that sound should be almost the same across the board.

• Like Like x 7
  2. vyncwr

vyncwr Member

I totally agree with this. What I really miss is the difference of sounds at road crossings bridges etc.... They are definitely really missing and should be obvious to have. Although I would be happy with some running sounds as well cause they really missing or too quiet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe running sounds and wind noise was much better in the original TSW. As it is now in TSW2, it pretty much differs from locomotive to locomotive. Some have good running sounds, some have basically none, in some trains opening the windows won't change any volume levels at all.

Would really love a set standard, so we have proper and realistic running sounds, and proper volume level changes and wind noise when opening the windows. One would think this would be a set core feature, but apparently it's set for each loco independently, and very often it's done badly.

• Like Like x 3
  4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Agree with all the above and it needs Paul Jackson (I assume he is still about) to get personally involved and make whatever changes are necessary to sort it out.

And as said, it’s not just the traction sounds, it’s the bland running effects lack of reverb or bridge rumble etc., which we had in MSTS 20 years ago!

Still, guess we can tell where the priorities lie when one of their reps popped up on a stream with references to the “audio police”. Something basic like the application of reverb should not be restricted by WFH or lack of reference material but coded into the base software and triggered via nodes in the route.

• Like Like x 4
  5. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Should be MUCH louder run sounds for ALL rolling stock, loco, coaches, freight etc. some are excellent but others like the Class 47 don’t have any!

6. montes_1234

montes_1234 Well-Known Member

Great loco 363 but it lacks running sounds. It have but that sound you can hardly hear.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  7. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

I know the 422 is a little buggy. I have outside running sounds & wind with the windows open. But the interior train sounds like HVAC are silent when the game loads. To fix, activate the cab, open and then close the MCB, and the train should "power up" and no more silence. I do this for both the RRO and HRR variants. Now if only something like that worked for the silent dostos...