1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornwall > Pnz To ...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by railway12, May 10, 2020.

1. dave from Cornwall

dave from Cornwall Active Member

Oh I know they are hidden, as they tend to be used at night. It was a case as scenery that sort of rail furniture is not present?

2. dave from Cornwall

Continuing my weekly spamming- Just a couple of a 150 on the Falmouth to Truro Branch line before it goes into the tunnel between Chacewater and Carnon Downs.
    IMG_20200502_150436c.jpg MVIMG_20200502_150429c.jpg
    #Cornwall

What I find interesting is that the Tunnel was clearly built to two lines, yet the cutting was made for one!

• Like Like x 2
  3. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Active Member

This is my home line, so I'd be very pleased to see it. It's impossible to imagine a Cornish route without Brunel's magnificent bridge, so it would need to start at Plymouth, and allowing thirty-odd miles, which is typical for a TSW route, that would get you to about Lostwithiel (change at Bodmin Parkway for the Bodmin & Wenford steam railway... unlikely).

Particularly interesting stations here are Lostwithiel (historic signal box and crossing, and also notable for being my home station) and Liskeard. A combination of Class 43s, which every Cornish person relies on to get to the mainland, local Sprinters, and a few 66s for freight will do nicely, thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Mhhhhh weird. It's much to big for one single line, but I don't think that 2 trains would fit in that tunnel. Well pretty close if so.

5. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Don't get me wrong but a Cornish line untill Lostwithiel is not typicall cornish. China Clay, Branch lines are located in the other side of Cornwall, the Penzance end, which would be more typicall, and also better in my opinion.

6. Rail Runner

Rail Runner Well-Known Member

It is more likely from the Broad-gauge era.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dave from Cornwall

Interesting isnt it. Which half of 60 miles would you naturally choose?

If you could get as far as Lostwithiel you could have the freight to Fowey and the Looe branch line from Liskeard...but that is extra mileage that they don't seem interested in :(

8. railway12

railway12 Active Member

Hello, it's been a while since my forum post was made and still so many different people are replying and keeping this up-to-date. So, many thanks to all supporters and users of the Cornwall forum post. It's lovely to see this going on.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

would like to add an idea not sure if has been mentioned but maybe lets say if they were unable to have any of the branch lines on the cornish mainline route they could come with a pack of all of the together lets call it the "Cornish branch line" pack but yeah would love the game to someday have this route as with the new services you could have the 800s and 43s running with 66 freight which would give great variety and opportunities for a long lifespan

10. Knightfire1964

also i would really find it weird to play on my home station if it ever came out i would spend ages exploring to see the level of detail

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dejin

Dejin New Member

Lovely photos dave from Cornwall, and thanks for the explanation of the Tamper, Rail Runner. I was curious as to how it actually worked and found the following YouTube video from a Tamper manufacturer and thought I’d pass it on if anyone else was curious:

• Like Like x 3
  12. dave from Cornwall

Well got to keep it "up" the page, Cornwall is so often a forgotten backwater...worth keep waving the flag!

Thanks Dejin for the video.

D

• Like Like x 2
  13. dave from Cornwall

Just because of because of because...

Its lockdown again, so my daily exercise coincides with some trains...

A couple of 43/Castle Class photos.

Just bumping the thread again just to wave the flag for Cornwall!

D PXL_20201107_092405871.jpg PXL_20201107_093524831c.jpg

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. Knightfire1964

very nice miss being on the trains would come back home from college in truro on them some interesting memories from it

• Like Like x 2
  15. TSWx

TSWx Active Member

Finally, I've already been waiting for your spam :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. dave from Cornwall

Just little ol me getting the Cornwall drum out again and banging it loudly.

Who doesn't want to see or even drive 800's, 43's and 158's whip past the old remaining mine engine houses dotted along the Cornwall line?

I am sure people would?

D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  17. dave from Cornwall

There must be some love for the Longrock area of the Penzance line. 43's stabled waiting for their next turn or having them slowly crawling past the depot and the train wash station. Along with the stunning St Michaels Mount in the background!

Attached Files:

18. Rail Runner

That would be a ‘must have’ if and when it comes to TSW2... it would mean that it was more modern, but oh well, it would give an opportunity for a Class 57 to be added!

19. dave from Cornwall

I would be more hopeful that we got "St Piran" the skin for the 08....

But wishful thinking. I am on the understanding everyone wants London to Brighton or the E/WCML :(

If they put a 57 in, then it would be an added service on the GWE as well :)

D

Attached Files:

20. Rail Runner

Definitely! Let’s hope that it is added. Furthermore, hopefully there would be a service where you could take the Class 57 from Long Rock to Par to pick up the Par to Exeter Summer services using MK3 Day coaches.

• Like Like x 1