PlayStation Correct Operation

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Northlander, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I've done it plenty of times but just wondered if I am doing it correctly (it's obviously right) When changing ends with my train - Reading into London, then London back out - I leave the engine running put the reverser into engine off, master key off, change headlights to taillights and set brake to running, then swap ends and set up for normal travel.

My question is, you have to do this? I only ask as I've noticed when I first swap ends, the cab that was at the back had it's brake set to full service but it didn't impact on my journey, I did once leave the brakes on in my front cab and I'd noticed I couldn't then get full speed (obviously)

So I'm wondering if this is a bug with the trains when you first take charge of them, that the game doesn't really take note of how the rear cab is set, but when you've used one end then change, you have to set it accordingly to allow for opposite travel?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gswales

Gswales Member

Hi I have not noticed any bugs and had no issues but I always do the following before changing ends. Turn both AWS and DSD to isolate reverses to off and master key locked taillights on and brakes in full service position. Then when I get to the other end and set it up for departure I do not have any problems..

• Like Like x 1
  3. Northlander

Northlander Guest

I'm sure when I set brakes to full service, and swapped ends, my train wouldn't go faster than 40 MPH and constantly made a screeching noise as if the brakes were on...could be wrong, might have had parking brake or emergency brakes on by accident

4. Gswales

Gswales Member

Ah ok well another thing to try is pressing the guards buzzer twice see if that helps