Creators Club Livery Removed For No Reason?

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Dinosbacsi, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

So today I noticed that my MBTA F40PH livery got removed from the Creators Club. The alert says because it contained profanity, copyright or offensive content. But which was it, and what part of the livery?

I mean it was just a simple single-stripe MBTA livery. MBTA is on the approved list of railway operators. And I don't see how it could've been offensive in any way, unless for some reason the US flag on the side of the nose counts...?
    [​IMG]

Anyway some feedback as to why a livery was removed would be nice. Are there even real people reviewing it, or everything that gets reported by anyone gets instantly removed?
    Also, what to do now? My other similar MBTA livery is still up for download without any issues. Should I just reupload this one and call it a day?

• Like Like x 1
  2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If nothing else, they at least should break the autogenerated flag into three, so one has an idea whether it's for copyright or for naughty words.

But I agree, it's bizarre. MBTA is A-OK for liveries, and I can see nothing remotely offensive, even according to DTGs childish profanity filter. Unless "CPBMB" is an obscure British obscenity...?

Perhaps you should contact a forum admin and ask where one appeals CC takedowns.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Dinosbacsi

Well the FAQ doesn't seem to have anything regardig appealing takedowns. But considering the content doesn't get deleted, just flagged and hidden, I suppose it's reversable.

4. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Maybe because of "stripe" --> "strip"

5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Looking at it I cannot see anything that may be copyright and/or offensive. It would nice if they would include a picture to highlight anything that is copyright or offensive.

Hopefully as solicitr suggested try appealing the ban and find out why it was removed.

6. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, I wrote them a support ticket, hopefully they can help in some way.

7. Dinosbacsi

Great, today my other MBTA livery got deleted as well. Seriously, what the hell?
    [​IMG]

8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

False positives can happen, AFAIK there are people reviewing content in there. Try to reupload it, if it gets taken down again contact Nat.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dinosbacsi

Well previously today I wrote a support ticket. I will wait and see where that goes. If my MBTA #1010 livery gets put back, then I will write a ticket about my #1070 as well.

I really do wonder if that is the cause. Though in that case the filter would catch it at the moment of upload, I would assume, not days after.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dinosbacsi

Well, the support simply responded with a copy and paste text stating the usual "it will get removed if it doesn't follow the guidelines" talk. Then told me to feel free to reupload if I feel like my livery does follow the guidelines and it was removed by mistake.

So I reuplaoded it and... it got deleted again in less than a day. Serously, why? I even removed the "stripe" part from the description, junk in case it was the problem.
    [​IMG]

Funnily enough, all the other MBTA liveries are still up for download, only my ones got taken down.

• Like Like x 1
  11. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

12. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

maybe because the 523 isn't allowed?

13. doublefine7

doublefine7 Well-Known Member

Well, why can you upload stuff for the RABe then? Why not locking it like the G6?

14. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Prolly forgot

15. Dinosbacsi

Finally got a reply from Dovetail support again, in which they said they can't tell me why it got removed, as reasoning/comments about it are not stored (they should be, in my opinion). All they know is that it was a community report, but I wonder, do some people just go around and randomly report entried for fun?

Anyway they told me from the screenshots they can't tell if it was a good call to remove or not, so they advised to me to simply delete it altogether and reupload from scratch, so I'll try that.

I kind of understand, but they could really store some reasoning for the removal as well. At least the players would know why something gets removed. I suppose the moderators blindly removing everything that gets flagged doesn't help either.

16. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I Had a scenario removed with MBTA in the description as well, it seems Like the game doesnt like brands, even if they may are allowed on CC.
    I got around it by making a Space in the name, so MBT A is fine. Did the same for S BB, IC E or other brands that will get your content automatically removed. Looks like a typo and does the Job.
    Sometimes you have to be very creative to handle the ridiculous Filter.

17. adamcjay

adamcjay New Member

Be good to get some clarification on the RABe 523. I've had a debranded livery removed, but there are plenty of other 523 liveries about despite it being listed in the FAQ as one of the models incompatible with Creators Club. Don't want to go to the effort of debranding so I can share liveries for it if in time they'll all be pulled down.