Creators Club Recommended Scenarios And Repaints

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by Tom Fresco, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

I found an awesome Livery for the 146, which i really recommend, the Bahnprojekt Stuttgart Ulm BR 146 by EiHowa, way over 1000 Layers, useable on console and all markings on the Loco. What could you want more?:love:

20220306192636_1.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning! I would have added more lettering details to the BR143 DR red, but the 300 layer limit was reached. A lot of layers went into replicating the DR logo. I also agree that weathering effects just look better, that's why I use them often... ;)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Figured as much. But that was worth it, the logo looks pretty much spot on :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That one is exceptionally good. Right down to the frame markings, which are insanely fiddly and time-consuming to do.

• Like Like x 2
  5. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Great tread. I think this one deserves to be a sticky, so that is stays on top and is easily accessible for everyone. DTG Natster ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Awesome thread, got me started in subscribing.

Very high quality work, I'm really impressed!

• Like Like x 3
  7. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

An excellent scenario with the 182 on DRA:

08:55 RE50 to Dresden by Federico
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/9747

Beautiful liveries and a great run. You get to use the 182's double click on the throttle feature to know when your rear has passed a speed limit sign and you get to see my favorite signal:
    DRA Wrong Line.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Yeah, the BR182 VVO special livery is really amazing. So much detail was put in, especially on the side walls with the bus and the tram depiction. I guess all 300 layers were quickly used up. Great work, looks so similar to the original!

• Like Like x 2
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! That diversion was absolutely planned since the beginning. The scenario was there mainly so the BR182 had a "purpose" if that makes sense, hopefully they will figure out a way to put it back in the timetable on DRA :D but I decided to put a bit of effort, even though I admit I still think I'm not that great with the scenario designer. But if you had fun that's all that matters.

Thanks! Your guess about the layers is correct, that's why some writing is missing (one letter = 1 layer which has to be copied to the other side as well... as you know) but I was really happy with how it turned out :D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Lamplight

Hope you're ready for more 143 liveries since I've come bearing even more :D

This time, I'd like to recommend the excellent DRA Br143 "Weisse Lady" by Sparmi. For some background information: The first prototype Br 143 (first class 212, later class 243 in original DR classification) was delivered in a striking modern white and red livery:
    Some of you (like me) might not be fond of such an anachronism, but there's a workaround to have it fit on DRA with some imagination - simply ignore the number plate. The private rail company EBS has repainted 143 822-5 into this iconic livery (even going the extra mile and putting the original DR classification 243 822-4 on it) and she's still running in that livery:
    While the livery itself is beautifully reproduced by Sparmi, the real star to my mind is the weathering on it:
    7fe81d39-b03f-42b1-8a36-75ef5531d1f7.jpg Source: in-game screenshot taken by yours truly
    As you can see, the white smoothly transitions into a dirty/dusty grey where appropriate (same goes for the frame, not just the roof). Special shoutout to the dirt you can see running down from the cooling grilles on the left-hand side of the picture. Hats off to you Sparmi, the weathering on this livery looks incredible :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  11. JustWentSouth

A really good run with the 101 on DRA by FewMatt#6471
    MÃœNCHEN-NÃœRNBERG EXPRESS DETOUR
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/3800

This run has nice AI and a really interesting transition from the regional lines to the ICE lines outside of Mammendorf. Hustle to Mammendorf and you will get some parallel running afterwards and take full advantage of the traffic.

The two times I ran this, the scenario hung up about 2.5km from Munich. The issue was a 101 leaving Munich encountering this:
    HMA Track 15.jpg

This train has passed the signal to let it out at Track 15. There is no signal in front of it, but the signal for the adjacent track gives a restricted aspect and the points just ahead are facing against this train. The points are aligned for a track 17 exit, but there is no train on that track. Puzzling ...

Despite not being able to complete this run, I still very much enjoyed it and recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JustWentSouth

One of the things I really love about Creator's Club is the opportunity to be fully engaged driving a favorite loco on a favorite route.

Tom Fresco 's 423 Transfer Trip on RSN fits this bill perfectly:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/13550

The premise is that it is an ECS trip of a unit overhauled at Hagen and being returned to Munich. It is a fantastic run that really rewards smooth driving.

• Like Like x 3
  13. JustWentSouth

Here is a really nice scenario with the Baby Bullet on Peninsula Corridor:

Taking Over for the Fast Way Home by paul.pavlinovich found here:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/13073

There is plenty of AI and plenty of blinking lights on the signal heads. Make sure you know your CalTrain Signals:
    https://signals.jovet.net/rules/Caltrain Signal Rules.pdf

Good scenarios like this one take a lot of work! Here is video that Paul made about making this scenario in particular called "Making an Engaging Scenario"

Thanks for a great run!

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Thanks for the plug mate, highly appreciated and yes they do take a bit of work. Putting this one together and have it actually work as planned took me the best part of two days - about 10 to 12 hours all up.

The one on the stream video is a remake of the same scenario but some of the consists are a bit different and perhaps cheeky especially the last one where Pikachu the London Underground '72 stock made an appearance.

Paul

• Like Like x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If you guys wanted a German route railtour try my HRR Deutsche Reichsbahn paint scheme rail tour. In my description, I listed DR BR 243 paints and my 780 785 766.2 DR Green Paint DR BR 280 442s alongside IC2 Dosto 146.2 by Sparmi

• Like Like x 1
  16. JustWentSouth

You get to rip the 523 amongst tons of AI on RRO with this scenario by Tom Fresco:

[TF] RRX RE 13 to Hamm [Westf.]

found here:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/19100

The traffic is very engaging and the RRX livery by Mat is spectacular:
    RRX on RRO.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

It seems Matt's livery is already taken down as I couldn't find it... :|

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Thank you very much! And yes, it got taken down again, as the FLIRT seems to not be allowed anymore on the CC.
    Anyways, if you're on PC, you can still download it here (https://rail-sim.de/forum/filebase/entry/8461-flirt-1-rvg-rrx-rhein-ruhr-express/) but you also have to install this mod (https://www.trainsimcommunity.com/m.../i2370-rabe-523-livery-designer-functionality) to make it available again.

• Like Like x 3
  19. JustWentSouth

So nice to have this beautiful livery back! Thank you!

• Like Like x 3
  20. JustWentSouth

Two excellent runs on SKA from the Creator's Club:

The first by (Who else?) Tom Fresco:

RRX1 to Aachen with the 523 found here:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/19523

You can really get the 523 rumbling on this one and be sure to position yourself for a few runbys. But, be on the lookout for all the traffic as well.
    SKA 523.jpg

The other features the 612, also good for some heavy bass rumbling:

612 Empty Stock Move by Josh#2612:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/15267

Know your PZB limits well for this one!
    SKA 612.jpg

Two great locos on a fun route and two very enjoyable scenarios.

If you come across a scenario or repaint that you particularly enjoy, please post it here. It is a way to express gratitude for the tremendous amount of work that goes into these creations and a way to let the rest of us enjoy them as well.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  21. JustWentSouth

22. Tom Fresco

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  23. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

This is one I'm quite proud of, 150 in Midland Mainline livery as carried by the 170s in the late 90s. a091196e-b213-4d10-ba35-d2bcc95fcd7a.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  24. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

The featured Italian reskin of the BR143 seems very well done. It's simple yet beautiful and the details look very good, even if sadly a bit pixelated.

This was the inspiration, the E.444 locomotive (which was Italy's first 200km/h locomotive), I think in particular the prototype (which was a bit more boxy)
    normal_DSCF0356_rid.jpeg
    The production one
    06460101.jpg

This livery was used on some locomotives in the '60s, '70s and '80s

This is what he has done.
    59801d13-7e39-4293-8b14-664e5f0844fc.jpeg 1313a6cf-566d-4889-b510-f44e805199ed.jpeg
    It seems like he mashed up some details from both examples above, personally I would have done some things slightly differently, but it's still very recognisable and what he's done is, again, very well made.

I wanted to see it coupled to my old FS coaches, but of course I no longer have my own liveries so... perhaps a scenario idea for someone else.
    E-444.002-ad-Orte-il-9-Maggio-1981-1.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  25. Tom Fresco

This Repaint is already under the featured section, but its so great i`ll give it a mention here too!

The 50 Years of IC BR 101 by Sparmi
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/26997

There are many Versions of this Livery avaible in the Creators Club, but he actually included the Locos on the side too!
    Although things like the numbering and other markings are missing, its very nice to see that someone bothered to represent the pictures of the Locos.

20220502155234_1.jpg 20220502155238_1.jpg

(Fltr BR 103, 120, 101, IC1 Cab Car, IC2 Cab Car and the most recent KISS IC 2 set)

Also the recent 146 Repaint by matinakbary is very nice. It features realistic numberings (which unfortunately is quite rare in CC Repaints) and over 700 Layers to include them all.

fe4ebc53-eb29-4613-ad53-cf446c74fb3b.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  26. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Thanks for mentioning me! I would have liked to do more details, but the 300 layer limit was nagging me, especially when working from the console. Maybe there will be more technical markings on all paintable trains in the future. That alone not only saves a lot of layers, but also makes everything look even more realistic, like TSG was doing it with the G6 or Rivet with the Ge4/4.

• Like Like x 3
  27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Agree, I also thought your livery was fantastic! And yes, I hope future trains will be more like the G6, with the grey under frame remaining "stock".

I do feel for the 300 livery limit... it is really hard to do "paintings" on the side of the train without running out of layers, especially if the livery itself needs some attention as well (for example I had to take a lot of shortcuts for the VVO BR182, and to do my 5th anniversary livery the livery itself (outside the drawings is extremely basic).

Hopefully having the correct logos (as 1 shape) will help.

One last thing, doing the profile of the ACS-64 on my 5th anniversary livery was a real pain for me, it was really difficult to get it to look right and being usable, I can't begin to imagine how much time and skill it took to do that livery, particularly the cab car. I find it really hard to get curves to look good without using a trillion shapes.

Last edited: May 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...your 5th annivesary livery with the ACS-64 profile on the BR101 is really very impressive, like the VVO BR182. Couldn't have done it better. It's really very difficult and tricky to get a realistic depiction on trains with the available decals, but most challenging remains the 300 layer limit. The 50th IC anniversary of the BR101 was also one of my first attempts to get a 3D view and not only a side or front view, as it is common with vector graphics. In the end, I'm also quite happy with how it turned out...

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  29. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Thanks you! Agree... the impressive part to me is the 3d perspective, as I would imagine it was a lot harder to get it right with as few shapes as possible within the layer limit...

Your liveries are amazing as well. As soon as I use the BR101 again it will be using that livery. :D

• Like Like x 2
  30. matinakbary

31. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...even the tiniest technical markings are to be seen and also a nice motif! If you consider that every number and letter is a single layer, then you already have a lot more than 300 layers for that kind of detail, but in the end it looks the most realistic. Because only PC players can cheat like this, hopefully there will soon be new approaches that will enable console users to keep up, since the 300 limit still applies here.

Some suggested solutions:
    • technical markings remain firmly placed, based on the main railway operator, like we saw it with the SBB RABe 523 or the DB G6
    • a new text tool integrated in "Livery Designer", where you can enter a short text or numbers one after the other, which then only counts as one layer
    • more technical decals or presets, which can be filled out individually

Of course some new programming is certainly required for this, which would then correspond to the 2.0 version of the LD tool. And last but not least it will be possible to update older liveries with some new kinds of details. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  32. matinakbary

I mean, at the end it's still somehow acceptable as the CC gives the opportunity to share this with the console community. But yeah, that repaint probably used around 1000 layers, so much work, it's very appreciated :)

• Like Like x 2
  33. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  34. Lamplight

I can only echo what CrAzZyKiLLa said. After tackling the above scenario some days ago, I completed Steaming to Manchester today - an excellent scenario with lots of interesting AI traffic. Many thanks to Tom Fresco for your amazing work with a very limited tool :)

• Like Like x 3
  35. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

About recommended Repaints, I noticed this beautiful special scheme of the DB BR 146!

CREATORS CLUB - DB146 - EXTRANGE 1.JPG
    But on the "required content", surprisingly it appears...

This!

CREATORS CLUB - DB146 - EXTRANGE 2.JPG

How this German electric locomotive, requires only an UK route, but also with no overhead wires?!

You can see despite of that, my subscription was accepted.
    But the fact is, this repaint is the only one, that does not appear on the simulator to me!

It is really a pity, as it seems to be wonderful!

36. JustWentSouth

Combine this with Tom Fresco 's return trip on NTP, Steaming to Leeds:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/33093
    and you have a spectacular 1950's steam round trip on NTP. TSW2 at its finest!

NTP Steam 1.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  37. Lamplight

• Like Like x 4
  38. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

Thanks, I like weathered stuff and wanted to do this on a loco the whole time. Now in summer finally got around to revising all my previous things again. The BR143 was the perfect choice for doing some aging, because many of them have already been decommissioned or have been parked on the rails...

• Like Like x 3
  39. Lamplight

If you’re looking for some steam on WSR, look no further. In S&D Remembered by
    YourBoiShiba#3949, you drive an 8F with some MK1 coaches along the WSR with plenty of AI trains to look at. I especially liked the use of the 8F as most other railtour-type scenarios use the Jubilee. Funny how the 25mph speed limit becomes a lot less tedious when operating a kettle :D

Side note: The description calls for a lot of reskins. You may want to download all of them but personally speaking, I don’t think the scenario loses much if you ignore the reskins.

• Like Like x 2
  40. JustWentSouth

Major thread bump here for two reasons:
    1) I want this thread to regain traction so that people can recommend the excellent scenarios they have enjoyed running from Creator's Club.
    2) I want to express my ongoing appreciation for the efforts of Tom Fresco who has created another excellent run. This time it is with the ICE 401 - what a joy to drive - on RRO. The run is a challenge and the AI is engrossing.
    928 to Dortmund
    Here is the link:
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/52024

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  41. Tom Fresco

Thank you for the reply and revival of the thread, appreciate it, there are so many hidden gems out there in CC.

The RRO ICE Scenario is based on an older one for a regional service, resulting in a lot of yellow and red signals and thus extensive use of PZB which can be really realistic especially for late running ICEs in the Ruhr Area.

I also want to recommend a 323 Repaint, the 323 221 BTP 61016 by SoGGyFlaNNel

https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/63836

BCC really comes to life with a few 323 repaints, and also as I did an interrail trip trough the UK this summer, the ,,if you see something that doesnt look right........" Announcement really was hammered in my head ;)

• Like Like x 1
  42. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

How do make FGW scenarios and things like a 66 hauling carriages. I assume mods but it's super impressive. :):):)

• Like Like x 1
  43. Tom Fresco

• Like Like x 1
  44. TrainGeek08

TrainGeek08 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  45. Tom Fresco

TrainGeek08 Thanks for the nice Feedback, Glad youre enjoying it:)

I want to recommend a repaint set for the 110 and n wagen, there are a lot of fitting skins out there, but i especially liked the TRI Set by Elecric, which i used in one of my scenarios and reminds me of the few months this year i had the honor of commuting in such a Train every day.
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/profile/electric-2616

Also i really enjoyed seblay1608 s scenario (Hage)n Wagen to Finnentrop (Why didnt i come up with this title :D ?

https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/66282

It brings a different pace and lovely atmosphere on RSN, and i really enjoy the challenge of driving the cab car. And on TSW2 Routes, the PZB indicators are well visible;)

2e039623-0b21-4f2e-9a4f-7883abfce82a.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  46. TrainGeek08

I actually shouted you out on my latest scenario called (TG08) ICE Divert (ICE1), I won't go into details here but it is in the description of the above scenario, just search TG08 and you'll find it :)

47. Tom Fresco

Thanks, will check it out and give it a drive this evening. Also like the look of your BCC scenarios, will try them too :)

• Like Like x 2
  48. TrainGeek08

Thanks, even if they are fictional, they are banging scenarios to drive, all five are :love:

• Like Like x 1
  49. Tom Fresco

• Like Like x 3
  50. Tom Fresco

A repaint and a scenario today, first a fun reskin for the BRO Boat by antony.henley
    https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/66409

Havent yet seen it appearing on the route, dont know what the chances are for a repaint to appear on the boats but it looks like a nice touch to the route.

Also i'd like to recommend the scenario (TG08) 2R17 LTV-RDC (323) by TrainGeek08 .
    Its a great run with a 6 car 323 and good AI, also has a nice story that services to Four Oaks are suspended, meaning Redditch services have to alternate going to Lichfield with the Bromsgrove diagram

https://creatorsclub.dovetailgames.com/mods/68368

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 2