Crossrail Construction At Hayes And Harlington (gwe)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by elarthur, Feb 8, 2021.

1. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Just thought some of you would be interested to see the current state of construction of the new Hayes and Harlington station. 20210208_103807.jpg
    Taken this morning by myself. A massive difference to the version shown on the GWE route. For reference, I was facing West South West from the station North side.

2. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

the route in tsw is set 2015

3. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

That is correct. I only mention GWE as this is to identify location to those who are unfamiliar.

4. jackmc2007

jackmc2007 Active Member

ahh ok lol. Yeah the route has changed alot. down at reading the game has the old track layout. IRL its so much different

5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

That's nothing- the whole middle of the Main Spessart Bahn route is gone! The summit of the ramp at Heigenbrucken was bypassed in 2017 by the simple expedient of boring a 2.6 km tunnel through the top of the mountain. (Which means, incidentally, that MSB was already obsolete when released).

6. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

it isn’t obsolete, it is just set in an earlier time period. Just like GWE is set during the time period of transition. This has been a consistent source for discussion in TSClassic as people seem to want to compare TS routes to their current topology. Sort of glad there is no attempt to keep routes in step with the updated configurations, MSB would be really boring with the new tunnel. :)

7. solicitr

I probably shouldn't have said "obsolete;" say, rather, "historical "

• Like Like x 1
  8. solicitr

This does however raise what might become an issue down the line: the intersection of future German route releases with layering- which could lead to anachronistic rolling stock. Every TSW route is a sort of time capsule, whether deliberate as with NTP and TVL, or simply as a function of the fact that each release is locked to the time when it was developed. If, as could well happen before long, DTG releases 5th-gen Dostos, they really would be as inappropriate on the modeled MSB as Class 800s would be on the modeled GWML.