Csx Ac4400

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Boldkiller, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Boldkiller

Boldkiller New Member

I beg you guys please change the engine sounds of this GE unit. As any railway worker, these dash-9's chug at idle and have a distinctive sound as they notch up.
    Also in Notch 1 you should see a MAX of 300A +/- 20As and should NOT be able to move the locomotive with a full independent application.
    As per the airbrakes, NYAB air reductions sounds would be nice to hear to give the full experience.
    AND change the starting procedure to the dash8/9's starting procedure having the start station beside L8 PA/Alternator end.

With the GP and SD's it would be nice to have the option of 'blowing out' the engines if they're parked in the yard shut off.

2. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

I've bugged on about the AC4400CW engine noise. Sounds like whoever they got to record it did a pretty bad job at capturing the feel of the AC44, but conveniently did a fine job with the GP38-2 and SD40-2. Typical. The GE's are always left out for good sounds, and it sounds like DTG can't do anything about it except get recordings that weren't taken right next to the gosh darn turbocharger. Or make the editor tools, then wait until somebody else makes a sound pack.

As for other stuff, doesn't seem DTG cares much for the AC4400CW despite it being the cover locomotive. The braking system setup in the MFD is still completely broken, feed valve setting stays at -15 psi and can't be saved to any other value. When loading into a service, every AC44 thinks its brakes are cut in, you have to manually save the settings to get a trailing one to realize it is trailing...it's messed up.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  3. Boldkiller

Boldkiller New Member

Yeah pretty much the hole locomotive is bugged to heck hence why i usually only use the SD or GP's for service in the game.
    One other thing that drives me crazy is the emergency recovery progress. With the NYAB the SDIS should be showing a 60 second count down before you can recover the automatic handle, and on the 26L w/ the GP and SD's, same thing shouldn't be allowed the recover so quickly! Little stuff like that would of showed the true railroaders that they cared about detail!